Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Search Forums
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Showing results 26 to 50 of 50
Search took 0.00 seconds; generated 43 minute(s) ago.
Search: Posts Made By: fasthorses
Forum: Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion 01-30-2009, 06:05 AM
Replies: 17
Views: 16,373
Posted By fasthorses
Tim, thanks for your thoughts. I don't have time...

Tim, thanks for your thoughts. I don't have time to digest them today but should by Sunday or Monday.
Forum: Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion 01-29-2009, 03:10 PM
Replies: 17
Views: 16,373
Posted By fasthorses
Tim, I can't disagree with your argument but, on...

Tim, I can't disagree with your argument but, on the other hand, I believe there is merit in having a good understanding of concepts behind what the program is telling us.

I think virtually...
Forum: Matchup Discussion 01-29-2009, 03:02 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 17,498
Posted By fasthorses
Thank you for the great ideas.

Thank you for the great ideas.
Forum: Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion 01-29-2009, 08:15 AM
Replies: 17
Views: 16,373
Posted By fasthorses
shoeless - Starting on page 62 of FU 45 (also...

shoeless - Starting on page 62 of FU 45 (also discussed elsewhere on this site) is a discussion about longshots in the context of POH and POR. I believe this may be a partial answer to your...
Forum: Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion 01-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Replies: 17
Views: 16,373
Posted By fasthorses
Bill, Could you please define or describe...

Bill,

Could you please define or describe and/or give an example(s) what "over came the pace of its pace line race" means?
Forum: Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 01-20-2009, 03:26 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 25,717
Posted By fasthorses
Could someone please explain the significance of...

Could someone please explain the significance of the order of the program numbers in this list?
Forum: Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 01-19-2009, 09:09 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 25,717
Posted By fasthorses
Good approach. Thank you.

Good approach. Thank you.
Forum: Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 01-19-2009, 07:43 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 25,717
Posted By fasthorses
Richie, thanks again for all you contribute to...

Richie, thanks again for all you contribute to this site and to our collective educations.

I want to be sure I understand the point you are trying to make. By saying "I have NOT looked..." are...
Forum: General Discussion 12-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Replies: 99
Views: 44,240
Posted By fasthorses
Thanks for the reply. Leaving the issue of...

Thanks for the reply.

Leaving the issue of "same relative pace" aside because I don't know how to judge that based on your attachment and assuming I'm understanding the readouts it appears to me...
Forum: General Discussion 12-05-2008, 08:27 AM
Replies: 99
Views: 44,240
Posted By fasthorses
Tim Y, If you get a chance to post the...

Tim Y,

If you get a chance to post the Finger Lakes horses you spoke of last week on 12/02, I believe many of us will find that helpful and instructional. Thank you.
Forum: General Discussion 12-01-2008, 10:55 AM
Replies: 99
Views: 44,240
Posted By fasthorses
I think I've been consistently misinterpreting...

I think I've been consistently misinterpreting this but I want to double check.

In the case of "Total energy down...three races in a row..." I've been translating that to mean a situation where a...
Forum: General Discussion 11-28-2008, 02:59 PM
Replies: 99
Views: 44,240
Posted By fasthorses
Tim Y, Thank you for the very fast reply,...

Tim Y,

Thank you for the very fast reply, the information, and the examples. I'll play with it some and see what I come up with.
Forum: General Discussion 11-28-2008, 12:53 PM
Replies: 99
Views: 44,240
Posted By fasthorses
Tim Y, I think it was in post twelve of this...

Tim Y,

I think it was in post twelve of this thread that you said "Total energy down and % median up versus the same relative pace three races in a row, NEVER wins and is often off the board at...
Forum: General Discussion 10-30-2008, 03:01 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 6,119
Posted By fasthorses
I find threads like this and MIKE1121's "New...

I find threads like this and MIKE1121's "New Ideas" thread very interesting and very helpful. Anything that gets a bunch of handicappers "talking" and thinking and sharing is positive whether or not...
Forum: Matchup Discussion 08-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Replies: 57
Views: 73,196
Posted By fasthorses
Thanks, Richie. Count me in, please.

Thanks, Richie.

Count me in, please.
Forum: General Discussion 05-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Replies: 9
Views: 2,542
Posted By fasthorses
Is there something on this site that explains the...

Is there something on this site that explains the significance of this chart such as what it is based on and the correct way to interpret it?
Forum: General Discussion 04-26-2008, 12:16 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 1,946
Posted By fasthorses
I've never been to Foxwoods so I can't compare...

I've never been to Foxwoods so I can't compare but I'd give a big thumbs up to the Mohican Sun which I've been to 2 or 3 times.

Nice rooms, nice facilities, very good restaurants. Neither of us...
Forum: Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 03-01-2008, 08:49 AM
Replies: 20
Views: 5,884
Posted By fasthorses
"Babies tell you when they are ready to graduate...

"Babies tell you when they are ready to graduate by running best (relatively) to the second call in the race right before they break their maiden"

Tim, thank you for the "light bulb" moment. If...
Forum: Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 12-06-2007, 02:19 AM
Replies: 44
Views: 13,406
Posted By fasthorses
Thanks for the reply. It makes a lot of sense.

Thanks for the reply. It makes a lot of sense.
Forum: Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 12-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Replies: 44
Views: 13,406
Posted By fasthorses
Thank you.

David,

I meant to include a "thank you" in my last post for the important lessons you shared. Sorry for the oversight. I greatly appreciate the education.
Forum: Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 12-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Replies: 44
Views: 13,406
Posted By fasthorses
Pressers?

Hi David,

Somehow this thread escaped my notice till this evening.

I've never used Synergism and I'm confused on one issue. None of the readouts used in the example races show a Presser (P),...
Forum: Hat Check - How Can We Help You? 07-20-2007, 08:43 AM
Replies: 121
Views: 166,816
Posted By fasthorses
Rich, I'd like to add a very big "THANK YOU" to...

Rich, I'd like to add a very big "THANK YOU" to the chorus. This has been an eye opening thread. Your time, "The Hats'" time, and both of your insights are of great value and great interest. ...
Forum: Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 04-22-2007, 04:40 AM
Replies: 26
Views: 7,194
Posted By fasthorses
Thanks all. Socantra, those 2 references...

Thanks all.

Socantra, those 2 references were right on point and very helpful.

Bill, thanks for your insights and the video.
Forum: Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 04-21-2007, 09:01 AM
Replies: 26
Views: 7,194
Posted By fasthorses
Thank you for the very fast reply. ...

Thank you for the very fast reply. Unfortunately, I'm confused.

Prior to posting my request, I did "poke around" this site trying to find the formula. As part of that I did follow an earlier...
Forum: Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 04-21-2007, 05:48 AM
Replies: 26
Views: 7,194
Posted By fasthorses
I know the formula to calculate APV and that...

I know the formula to calculate APV and that provides a context for using or electing to not use the number.

I don't know the formula for the Class Rating. Could someone please provide it or...
Showing results 26 to 50 of 50

 
Forum Jump

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:23 PM.