Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 08:27 AM   #61
shoeless
Grade 1
 
shoeless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,643
Bill,Your a good guy with a good heart,sorry I went over the deep end awhile back.Jeff
shoeless is offline  
Old 11-30-2008, 01:13 AM   #62
Terry Riggs
AlwNW1X
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie D View Post
The impression you give is not the above Tim, i'm afraid, in fact, i'd say you give the impression of blinkered and unreceptive to other peoples ideas and opinions
Let me say I've learned a lot by all of you sharing your victories and defeats here at Pace and Cap. Thanks to all of you.

Charlie D, I agree 100%
It's not what you don't know that matters
It's what you know that just isn't SO that matters!

It's just a horse race.

Terry
Terry Riggs is offline  
Old 11-30-2008, 09:00 AM   #63
BladeRunner
Grade 3
 
BladeRunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 65
Tim

After reading your posts about energy I would like to know if you make energy profile of the tracks you play. I am trying to learn about energy demand of the track and how to make them. Which FU should I read ?

Raman

Last edited by BladeRunner; 11-30-2008 at 09:10 AM.
BladeRunner is offline  
Old 11-30-2008, 09:09 AM   #64
BladeRunner
Grade 3
 
BladeRunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 65
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill V. View Post
I'm very happy you are doing well

keep that feeling and never let go
it will spill over to your total life

Bill
Thanks Bill. You should be a Motivational Speaker.

Raman
BladeRunner is offline  
Old 11-30-2008, 09:25 AM   #65
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
Terry

Thats me with my head down in the video
I no longer act like that
I learned to win and enjoy my life
All I want is for people to find the key
Somehow I met Richie, Richie hooked me up with Doc
then he led me to make Pace and Cap
We met each other and were all sitting at our table

Listen to Doc speak at the beginning of my
Video His words and what he writes in the follow up
are what motivates me to help
Doc's words and thoughts Doobie Bros music

Bill
Bill V. is offline  
Old 11-30-2008, 11:56 AM   #66
Tim Y
turf historian
 
Tim Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRunner View Post
After reading your posts about energy I would like to know if you make energy profile of the tracks you play. I am trying to learn about energy demand of the track and how to make them. Which FU should I read ?

Raman
I never found a FU that addressed the way I profile. At EACH track, at EACH DIRT distance (doesn't work well for turf), I record the e/l of the winner from the line(s) I used to enter them. NO differentiation for sex, surface changes (muddy etc which tend to be more positive anyway) or age as it has not shown to be statistically significant other than two year olds which are MUCH more positive at each distance.

i.e. Tampa Bay's e/l average for 6 furlongs is about +10 whereas Hawthorne is lower at +6.0, whereas inner AQU or Fort Erie is can go up to +18 and still be a winner. OFTEN the e/l profile trumps the total energy especially in the cold wet courses of Northern Winters. Also, lone early horses can get away with much higher numbers and still win.

Compare that to Woodbines 8.5f profile which centers around -1.0 and others it is a bit more negative at -3.0. As the distances lengthen, the e/l averages become more negative but they are SPECIFIC to the course. I am convinced that this will help a lot with those 'horses for courses" we all know and why many a West Coast horse poops out on the differing energy requirements of East Coast tracks, AND the reason that "The graveyard of favorites" (Saratoga) gets its name as it is usually the polar opposite of the many horses winning on a differing profile coming from Belmont.

These are just AVERAGES as I keep an ongoing record, race to race, throughout the card as it can change radically (didn't pick it up last Friday at Woodbine until I had contributed quite a bit of $$$$) and biases are REAL: The day of the Wood Memorial a few years back, it was so biased early that just about EVERY horse that won that day crashed and burned next out.
Bellamy Road and Bob N John's wins had a lot to do with that bias and it showed the way they petered out in the later Triple Crown contests after being recipients of that early boost.

Remember too that in my study of e/l relativity, WITHIN REASON, the more positive the e/l, the greater chance of winning: given the choice between an Oaklawn route horse at -12 and one at -3, the latter would be much the better choice NO MATTER the total energy.

As Bill quoted and it is only too true: IT is not how fast a horse runs, but the horse runs fast.

Last edited by Tim Y; 11-30-2008 at 12:03 PM.
Tim Y is offline  
Old 12-01-2008, 10:55 AM   #67
fasthorses
Grade 3
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 50
Quote:
Total energy down and % median up versus the same relative pace three races in a row, NEVER wins and is often off the board at short odds.
I think I've been consistently misinterpreting this but I want to double check.

In the case of "Total energy down...three races in a row..." I've been translating that to mean a situation where a horse, for the last three races, might have total energy figures (for the LTO, 2nd back, 3rd back) such as 168, 169, 170 - clearly declining.

However, based on those 3 races we don't know if total energy was down 3 races in a row - we can only say with certainty it was down 2 races in a row. To determine if the 170 represents a decline, we'd have to look at the 4th race back.

Tim, could you please confirm which scenario you are describing? Do we need to consider the 4th race back or only the most recent 3 races?
fasthorses is offline  
Old 12-01-2008, 01:50 PM   #68
Tim Y
turf historian
 
Tim Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,455
no hard and fast rules: last three are the minimum 165 162 159
Tim Y is offline  
Old 12-02-2008, 02:44 PM   #69
Tim Y
turf historian
 
Tim Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,455
There were several at Finger Lakes today and I will put them all up later
Tim Y is offline  
Old 12-05-2008, 08:27 AM   #70
fasthorses
Grade 3
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 50
Tim Y,

If you get a chance to post the Finger Lakes horses you spoke of last week on 12/02, I believe many of us will find that helpful and instructional. Thank you.
fasthorses is offline  
Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sartin Workshop 3/19/1989 admin Audio Collection 2 05-26-2008 09:47 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:46 PM.