Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2007, 05:48 AM   #21
fasthorses
Grade 3
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 50
I know the formula to calculate APV and that provides a context for using or electing to not use the number.

I don't know the formula for the Class Rating. Could someone please provide it or steer me to where I can find it?

Thank you.
fasthorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 07:37 AM   #22
admin
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,643
APV CR - yellow manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasthorses View Post
I know the formula to calculate APV and that provides a context for using or electing to not use the number.

I don't know the formula for the Class Rating. Could someone please provide it or steer me to where I can find it?

Thank you.
Hi fasthorses
welcome to Pace and Cap

Here are a few pages from the basic (Yellow) manual
I think its a great article Starting about page 6 in the pdf
Doc explains how the APV and CR ratings are made
I hope this helps

http://www.bindfold.com/Yellowmanuals_pages41_52.pdf
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 09:01 AM   #23
fasthorses
Grade 3
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 50
Thank you for the very fast reply. Unfortunately, I'm confused.

Prior to posting my request, I did "poke around" this site trying to find the formula. As part of that I did follow an earlier link to the pdf you recommended. In the earlier posts on the subject and in the video you created the formula I'm asking about is referred to as either "Class Factor" or "Class Rating". In the pdf, I find references to: APV, EPS, ITM %, and class adjustment. If I understand the pdf material correctly, by manipulating the APV and EPS figures and then taking those manipulated figures and adding them to the ITM%, a suggested class adjustment is created which, at least at the time the pdf was written, could be used to alter some of the early Sartin program ratings (EP and SP).

The implication of your reply to my question (to me at least) is that what is labelled as "class adjustment" in the pdf is the same thing as the "class factor/class rating" discussed on this site and in you video. Is that correct? If so, do you still use this figure and in what situations is it helpful or hurtful?

Thank you for your time on this matter.
fasthorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 12:49 PM   #24
socantra
Grade 1
 
socantra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasthorses View Post
I know the formula to calculate APV and that provides a context for using or electing to not use the number.

I don't know the formula for the Class Rating. Could someone please provide it or steer me to where I can find it?

Thank you.
"Introducing the New, Revised Class Rating": Follow Up #5, p.7

"Some Thoughts On and Additions to the Revised Class Rating": Follow Up #9, p.52
__________________
"Ils Sont Partis"
socantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 02:08 PM   #25
admin
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,643
Pdfs

Quote:
Originally Posted by socantra View Post
"Introducing the New, Revised Class Rating": Follow Up #5, p.7

"Some Thoughts On and Additions to the Revised Class Rating": Follow Up #9, p.52
Thank you Dick

I have extraced both articles from the early follow ups

Here are the PDFS

http://www.bindfold.com/Issue5s_pages%207_15.pdf

http://www.bindfold.com/Issue9s_pages%2052-54.pdf
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 03:32 PM   #26
froggy
Grade 1
 
froggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bullhead City Az
Posts: 921
THE POWER OF APV ON THE GRASS
Do the numbers for Kee0421-5(today) Top number won and paid $3.60.
The top four numbers paid $780 for the super. No handicapping required.

No I didn't have it but I did bet the winner w/p.

Froggy
froggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 04:40 AM   #27
fasthorses
Grade 3
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 50
Thanks all.

Socantra, those 2 references were right on point and very helpful.

Bill, thanks for your insights and the video.
fasthorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:22 PM.