Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Get RDSSMark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2008, 08:01 AM   #1
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
Sar/Dmr contest?

If I put together a little something for us is it better to keep it to the weekends or do we include weekday play?

This is for Saratoga/Del Mar. I have an idea for a contest.

Give me feedback please. I think Dmr opens this week.

Feedback please from those interested in a contest with these 2 tracks lasting til Labor day.
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!"
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:31 AM   #2
shrink1
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Newton, N.J.
Posts: 121
Richie,
I think weekends are better as more people have that time off, and the racing is somewhat better. Count me in.
Ira
shrink1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:42 AM   #3
admin
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,643
last

Hi Rich

I know you will do a great job !

Somethig very late in the day at Saratoga might be ok
But I'm shut out If you do anything during the week early

Delmar might work because of the late post time

I am hoping for weekends only


Bill
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 12:00 PM   #4
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Hi Rich

I am hoping for weekends only
Bill
Hi Bill,
OK problem solved. Weekends only
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!"
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:22 PM   #5
delmarscott2004
delmarscott2004
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Orange County California
Posts: 132
RichieP

Weekends would give me more time if things are well on the home front . How ever the group goes I will try to take part.

Vanoy
delmarscott2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:47 PM   #6
Turbulator
Grade 1
 
Turbulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarscott2004 View Post
RichieP

Weekends would give me more time if things are well on the home front . How ever the group goes I will try to take part.

Vanoy
Doubtful I could participate, but if I did it would have to be night tracks.
__________________

Turbulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 05:18 PM   #7
noddub62
Budman
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 801
i vote for weekends.

bud
noddub62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 05:31 PM   #8
Rverge
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: pittsburgh, now! Lancaster, CA.
Posts: 2,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
Hi Bill,
OK problem solved. Weekends only
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! i work weekends! DOH!
but its ok
thanks RichieP
Rverge
__________________
i love every single minute of life, and, if one is lucky,then you must give it to others.
Rverge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 05:38 PM   #9
mikesal57
Grade 1
 
mikesal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 3,952
weekends fine with me too
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:04 AM   #10
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
Morning guys.

Thinking aloud here:
1) 3 horse exacta box contest at Dmr and Sar on Saturdays and Sundays. Everyone gets $12.00 a race to make a 3 horse exacta box.

2) Each day at each track we wager on the largest field polytrack race and largest field grass race on each card. NO maiden races considered. In ADDITION if there is a Grade 1 listed on the card it is AUTOMATICALLY included as a contest race regardless of field size. This way we hit the good horses too.

3) Betting allowed til 1 mtp with the Equibase "off time" in their charts designated as "post time". Bets time stamped at THAT time are NOT allowed.

4) Everyone will post bets in specific race threads and at days end will score their own ball and tally up their scores and post in a thread with their name on it.

5) If this is cool we "go" starting this Saturday and Sunday at Del Mar.

6) Two winners at contest end.
a) Highest accumulated dollars
b) 2nd highest accumulated dollars.

I'll get us a couple of prizes for the winners.

Talk to me
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!"
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Contest admin Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 8 05-28-2007 10:19 PM
Keeneland contest Nets Selections 0 04-15-2007 01:30 PM
Pick 4 AQU contest admin Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 2 01-02-2007 07:28 PM
No contest Binder General Discussion 5 11-01-2005 04:41 PM
Look what up at the Del Mar contest Binder General Discussion 7 07-31-2005 06:13 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:05 PM.