Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Velocity Programs
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Velocity Programs This area is for users of Older type Sartin Programs hand entry type

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2007, 07:48 PM   #1
alydar_ David
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,654
SYN4 -- second cycle & Total stats

This cycle, like the previous one, is based on non-maiden dirt races only. Ten of the 95 win bets were made at WO. No other polytrack venue was played.

Paceline selection was made selecting the best of the last three comparable races. Nothing fancy was involved.



The SYN4 top pick for the second cycle showed an ROI of 0.74. In other words it lost money. I got back 74 cents for every dollar invested.

The SYN4 second pick for the second cycle showed an ROI of 1.36. In other words I got back $1.36 for every dollar invested.

Boxing the top two in the exacta was about break even.

Boxing the top three in the exacta was not profitable.

-----

I like to see at least an 80% CL -- Confidence Level -- to know I'm not just blowing smoke...uh, somewhere. ;>)

The flat total ROI's for both cycles:

Top Pick to Win: 1.43 with 22% win rate (70% CL)

Second Choice to Win: 1.19 with 28% win rate (45% CL)

Flat betting the top two to win: 1.60 with 50% win rate (97% CL)

Boxing the top two in the exacta: 1.66 with 13% win rate (60% CL)

-----

Observations:

I could have further improved my results by being more selective about the races I played.

If I'd only played sprints I'd have picked up another. 0.02 in ROI

If I'd skipped races for 3YO+ I'd have picked up another 0.15 in ROI

If I'd flat bet the top two horses to win I'd have gotten back an ROI of 1.60 instead of the ROI of 1.34 I actually made by "being clever" betting 60%/40% at times.

-----

Conclusions: Flat betting the top two horses to win with SYN4 is profitable. Boxing them in the exacta may be profitable.
alydar_ David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 08:59 AM   #2
admin
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,643
Thank you

Thank you David

You say best of the last 3 nothing fancy
do you enter every horse or do you eliminate horses ?

Bill
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:21 PM   #3
alydar_ David
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Thank you David

You say best of the last 3 nothing fancy
do you enter every horse or do you eliminate horses ?

Bill
Hi Bill,

I enter every horse one by one as I come to them. I finish the first horse before I even look at the second.
alydar_ David is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FROM cycle tompkins Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 5 01-23-2007 05:23 PM
Southern California J & T Stats Houndog General Discussion 1 06-29-2006 06:20 PM
Trainer stats RichieP Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 6 06-21-2005 01:05 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 PM.