|
|
|
|
|||||||
| Google Site Search | Get RDSSGet RDSS | Sartin Library | RDSS FAQs | Conduct | Register | Site FAQ | Members List | Today's Posts | Search |
| NewPace Discussion Forum (old) An old discussion forum for users of Dave Schwartz' NewPace (as implemented in RDSS 2.0) circa 2011 |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
#1 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 624
|
ES % Meaning
Anyone know what the ES% stands for?
Thanks.
__________________
Terry |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Grade 3
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gun Barrel City, Texas
Posts: 71
|
Es%
It just so happens as I was clearing files and papers during this weeks last storm I came across my notes on that very topic.
Dave has good step by step explanation of this in his video. Worth the look. Fairways & Greens, dug |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
|
Terry,
ES% - Early Speed % is a percentage expression of the Early Speed Points calculated by the NewPace method (the points themselves are not shown). If you sum all the horses ES points, then take each horse's points and divide it into the total, you get the % of the Total which belongs to each horse: it always sums to 100%. That's what is shown in the NP column labeled ES%. We treat these percentages as a new form of 'points'. We accumulate them to find where we cut off the definition of 'early' horse; we identify the 'gap' of the top horse (or horses) over the others, etc. All this according to the NewPace concepts, which - if they sometimes clash with RDSS readouts, or with a common sense Matchup - are at least self-coherent, and automated. As Doug mentions, Dave Schwartz covers the calculations in great detail in his videos. You should have watched these at least once - then forget them and let the software do the calculations for you ![]() Ted
__________________
RDSS - Racing Decision Support System™ |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 624
|
Thanks guys.
I've entered this endeavor a little late in life's game. I've numerous manuals that should keep me occupied well into the next life. I may be guilty of clipping a few corners - I apologize in advance
__________________
Terry |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Grade 3
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gun Barrel City, Texas
Posts: 71
|
I believe you are not to dissimilar from many of us
Although I do know it is Hard to achieve Grade 1 status by cutting corners ![]() Their is no such thing as a bad question Fairways & greens dug |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
|