Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   NewPace Discussion Forum (old) (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   ES % Meaning (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9681)

Segwin 03-06-2014 06:51 AM

ES % Meaning
 
1 Attachment(s)
Anyone know what the ES% stands for?

Thanks.

Procefus 03-06-2014 10:12 AM

Es%
 
It just so happens as I was clearing files and papers during this weeks last storm I came across my notes on that very topic.

Dave has good step by step explanation of this in his video. Worth the look.

Fairways & Greens,

dug

Ted Craven 03-06-2014 07:04 PM

Terry,

ES% - Early Speed % is a percentage expression of the Early Speed Points calculated by the NewPace method (the points themselves are not shown). If you sum all the horses ES points, then take each horse's points and divide it into the total, you get the % of the Total which belongs to each horse: it always sums to 100%.

That's what is shown in the NP column labeled ES%. We treat these percentages as a new form of 'points'. We accumulate them to find where we cut off the definition of 'early' horse; we identify the 'gap' of the top horse (or horses) over the others, etc. All this according to the NewPace concepts, which - if they sometimes clash with RDSS readouts, or with a common sense Matchup - are at least self-coherent, and automated.

As Doug mentions, Dave Schwartz covers the calculations in great detail in his videos. You should have watched these at least once - then forget them and let the software do the calculations for you ;)

Ted

Segwin 03-06-2014 08:42 PM

Thanks guys.

I've entered this endeavor a little late in life's game. I've numerous manuals that should keep me occupied well into the next life. I may be guilty of clipping a few corners - I apologize in advance ;)

Procefus 03-07-2014 03:06 AM

I believe you are not to dissimilar from many of us

Although I do know it is Hard to achieve Grade 1 status by cutting corners :)

Their is no such thing as a bad question

Fairways & greens

dug


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.