Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2008, 01:23 PM   #1
Turbulator
Grade 1
 
Turbulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 467
Bidding on Brohamer Tapes

I've put some bids in on these Brohamer tapes. Does anybody have any idea of their actual worth?

E-Bay Auction
__________________

Turbulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:53 PM   #2
grahors
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 104
Turb,
I buy, sell, and visit e bay several times daily. I have never seen these in many years. Probably very high.....rarity..Collectors value???
Cec
I have bid on some original Taulbot stuff (very hot) up to $450 and been outbid
grahors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:48 PM   #3
Turbulator
Grade 1
 
Turbulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahors View Post
Turb,
I buy, sell, and visit e bay several times daily. I have never seen these in many years. Probably very high.....rarity..Collectors value???
Cec
I have bid on some original Taulbot stuff (very hot) up to $450 and been outbid
Well, they're up to $71 now with 4 1/2 hours to go, so I think I'll pass. I do think they would have been interesting to listen to. Like you said, they could very well be collector's items, and worth a pretty penny.
__________________

Turbulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 05:33 PM   #4
grahors
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 104
I'm guessing, but I would ventue to say they go for $130 about. 21 bids and under 4 hours left.....maybe more.
At $40, I would have jumped in. Maybe still will?? Is that OK with you, I don't want to bid against you if you might go after them?
Cecil
grahors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:35 PM   #5
Turbulator
Grade 1
 
Turbulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahors View Post
I'm guessing, but I would ventue to say they go for $130 about. 21 bids and under 4 hours left.....maybe more.
At $40, I would have jumped in. Maybe still will?? Is that OK with you, I don't want to bid against you if you might go after them?
Cecil
Feel free to bid against me anytime. Had I won, I was going to try and figure out a way to have them digitized and put on this site so anyone could listen to them. I don't know much about that, but I'm sure something could have been worked out.

It sold for about $93. That's interesting to know. I think I might have paid that--had I known. You can always get your money back out of it later on down the road.

The one problem I have with cassette tapes however, is that over time they can become brittle or easily get twisted and break. That's the one reason I wouldn't pay a whole lot of money for this kind of item.

Steve
__________________

Turbulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 11:37 AM   #6
Dr Win
horsiopedocapper
 
Dr Win's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 15
I like to by Brohamer tapes, if enyone have PM me
__________________
Dr Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brohamer Interview By Dave Schwartz .... lsosa54 Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 0 04-15-2008 11:12 PM
Tom Brohamer VoodooFan General Discussion 5 03-06-2008 08:23 PM
Brohamer Model Worksheet Houndog Velocity Programs 0 05-16-2007 12:27 PM
Tom Brohamer Lecture Series Chazz Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 2 03-29-2007 09:12 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:49 AM.