Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2007, 06:01 PM   #61
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: EarthQuake country( cali , baby)
Posts: 349
Post

I think, almost every Follow-Up, the Doc had something or some
exercise to help intuition, trying to hammer the point home, ie, you call the
race, rubberbands, biofeedback, etc.,

Talk about intuition, you got a few still using Phase III , winning for the past
twenty years. FREAKIN PHASE III for christ sakes!!!!
Talk about intuition!!! And no less, one or two still uses a calculator!!
God forbid if there are any Timex/Sinclair computers or 1360 computers
being used. Contender selection has to be at an optimum to make it work.
Bet'cha they can chime in on "instinct" and " intuition" for contender
selection.

I just found some 1360 cassettes to program one for MatchUp
program, EnGen, Contender Scan. Smithsonian material for sure.

Hell , I remember listing to a tape of Mr. Bradshaw going over a race, and a
particular jockey, every time he got on a horse, he, at least
at the first call, tried to make a horse run early, regardless of it's style , fractions or
form ,so that ONCE , I think he used that factor to determine how the race
and / or this horse would affect the pace in that particular race. Talk about
breakin the rules. Like in the "MatchUp Guys" section in the MatchUp book, if
there's a temporary bias that can be substantiated, the MatchUp Guys
WILL take advantage of it, as long as it's there.

Like he also said, if Tandems can help you, use them, if not, disregard them.

"Intuition" , "Instinct" , "Feel", " using the rules", "breaking the rules", this is a MatchUp subject onto itself. This
is the boat to get to the other side. On You Tube, I watched the Founder
of Judo, old film. No matter how big or strong or fast the student was, he
could not throw the Master, even when he had him half-way thrown !!!
The Master easily countered him no matter what position he was in, like
he was playing with a kid, although the Founder looked to be about 5 feet
or so, and maybe 105 lbs. soaking wet. Beyond technical technique.

I think if Intuition was on a map, it would be the Bermuda Triangle .
Atlantis is around here, and they STILL can't find it.
Marine and topographical charts only barely help. VoodooFan
__________________
Quote:
".......[ FULCRUMS] DON'T win races..............fulcrum is what'cha put under a pry bar when ya gonna jack som'em up........"
Jim "THE HAT" Bradshaw
Quote:
"Richie never 2nd guesses, or ask "what if", but learns the concept I am teaching. This is one why he has learned and he is one of my best students. He is my pride and joy and best pal."
Jim "THE HAT" Bradshaw
VoodooFan is offline  
Old 10-02-2007, 09:45 PM   #62
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
Other than early into serious pressure

This race just ran 10 minutes ago. HOW do they make the 7 3/5 against THIS MATCHUP?

I had been speaking to Pino before the races and told him race 7 had some possibilities. Well it panned out


The 1 is the EASY winner at 10/1
Attached Images
   
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!"

Last edited by RichieP; 10-02-2007 at 10:28 PM.
RichieP is offline  
Old 10-03-2007, 01:32 AM   #63
Turbulator
Grade 1
 
Turbulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 467
After reading this thread today I went back and grabbed a random card to practice. Try picking the winner in these four races from EVD. You'll have to assume my pace lines, contenders and projected pace are accurate. The screen shots only show the OTE horses after the earlies have been eliminated.

All of these races ran OTE, and the winner is there. That much I got right.

Picking the winners was not so easy. These were tough races.

I need a lot of practice here.
Attached Images
    
__________________

Turbulator is offline  
Old 10-03-2007, 05:56 AM   #64
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbulator View Post
After reading this thread today I went back and grabbed a random card to practice.
Picking the winners was not so easy. These were tough races.
I know this flies in the face of what most everyone else does BUT it has to be said:

Do NOT go back over losing races if you are matching from the Form or pp's. Your mind's ability to think instinctively will be destroyed. I learned the HARD WAY losing 15 races in a row and quitting almost a year ago by doing this.Learn from my mistake.

1) Work races
2) Pick a horse
3) Move on to the next race
4) FOCUS on only WINNING RACES and WINNING PATTERNS "after the fact"

Richie
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!"
RichieP is offline  
Old 10-03-2007, 10:41 AM   #65
Turbulator
Grade 1
 
Turbulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
I know this flies in the face of what most everyone else does BUT it has to be said:

Do NOT go back over losing races if you are matching from the Form or pp's.
These races are two or three months old, and I played them live, but to be perfectly honest I can't remember whether I won them, lost them or passed them. They are as good as new as far as that goes. I didn't go back and look anything up.

One thing I do know is that the technique I applied was new, and I was able to look at them much differently in light of what I've recently learned. I know for a fact that I didn't pick pace lines the same way the first time around.

Is that still a bad thing?
__________________

Turbulator is offline  
Old 10-03-2007, 11:17 AM   #66
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbulator View Post
These races are two or three months old, and I played them live, but to be perfectly honest I can't remember whether I won them, lost them or passed them. They are as good as new as far as that goes. I didn't go back and look anything up.

One thing I do know is that the technique I applied was new, and I was able to look at them much differently in light of what I've recently learned. I know for a fact that I didn't pick pace lines the same way the first time around.

Is that still a bad thing?
Steve
Speaking only from PERSONAL experience THIS is what is BAD:
1) Work a race
2) Pick a horse
3) Lose and go back to make the winner "fit" or "come up"

REALLY BAD
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!"
RichieP is offline  
Old 10-03-2007, 11:37 AM   #67
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
Focused Intensity - The Puma

I want to share with you something that is a bit personal.

Jim sent me this photo of a puma almost a year ago. I have him on my desktop now. With a 20" wide screen monitor he FILLS my screen man.

He watches over me and I "feel" his stare when I am working races.

I focus on his eyes before I start working races and realize he is totally FOCUSED on what he is doing. NO distractions whatsoever.

Jim tells me "he is ready to pounce Rich. Look at his intensity and focus."

It's all in his EYES man. LOOK at them.

The puma does his best work alone,quiet,focused and ready to pounce.

When applying the matchup work races alone,quiet,focused and be ready to pounce when opportunity presents itself.
Attached Images
 
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!"
RichieP is offline  
Old 10-04-2007, 10:49 PM   #68
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
Early fighters kill one another

I was out with a young lady most of the evening and got home a while ago and decided to see if anything looked good.

This just ran at Charlestown 10 minutes ago.

Hat helper - "Start your evaluations of races and horses by looking as far LEFT on the pp's as you can. There is MONEY there and most of the competition is blind to it. Use it to HELP you." - The Hat

Ok at first blush the 2 might seem to have the best of the early horses matching with the 3.

I was liking him when i noticed the 3 horse also pure early was a FIGHTER. I paused.

Then I noticed the BREAK positions on the 4 races of the 2 and 3 shown. These suckers WANT the lead and there is a good chance their will be a vicious FIGHT ensuing compromising their chances for the WIN.

I marked up the proj pace to see if anything popped up worth a wager in a race kind of filled with questions. At least for me.

THIS is where RDSS helps me GREATLY man. The COLORS.

I entered lines and noticed IMMEDIATELY the 8 horse had 2 of 3 races with a pace of race FASTER than what was projected at BOTH the 2c and sc. Now I am seriously interested. I am dead serious.

Then I LOOK at his POSITIONS and see he is PERFECT for what I need in THIS race. IF I am right and the 2 and 3 fight and kill each other the 8 is closest to the pace positionally and also FAST. THERE is my horse.

If I am wrong I lose my bet and move on.

2 minutes to post the 8 is 7/2 so I fire a bullet.

Here is where Intuition and remembering that Jim starts his evaluation of every race by looking as far LEFT on the pp line he can really helped me with evaluating the correct race shape - OTHER THAN EARLY

THIS race is a type that a year ago I lose virtually every time. I would go early and get beaten. THIS setup with early fighters who start at the BREAK is something you WILL see on more than one occasion IF you LOOK for it ok?

Screenshots
1) full field of contenders
2) removed earlies leaving true win contenders
3) result
4) my wager
Attached Images
    
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!"

Last edited by RichieP; 10-04-2007 at 11:11 PM.
RichieP is offline  
Old 10-04-2007, 11:19 PM   #69
Turbulator
Grade 1
 
Turbulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 467
Three Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post

I marked up the proj pace to see if anything popped up worth a wager in a race kind of filled with questions. At least for me.
Can I ask why you chose 23.7 for the first call projected pace rather than 23.3?

Quote:
THIS race is a type that a year ago I lose virtually every time. I would go early and get beaten.
Is the reason for this because you felt the 2 horse was the "fastest" of the two earlies, plus he's a fighter, so you would go with the fastest early?

One final question: there were 10 horses in this race. Two were early and you had two OTE contenders. Of the six remaining horses weren't any of them OTE who could match the projected pace? I'm finding that by going deep when I think the race will run OTE that I'm getting a lot of contenders that match the first call pace, making it pretty tough to separate them. I feel like I'm getting "too many" contenders.

Good analysis, and nice hit.
__________________

Turbulator is offline  
Old 10-05-2007, 09:48 AM   #70
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbulator View Post
Can I ask why you chose 23.7 for the first call projected pace rather than 23.3?
I am attaching the pdf pp's for the card Steve so you can check things out.

That 23.7 looked real to me where if that 23.3 is used basically everyone in the race is thrown out and I am "BUYING" the 2 horse as my horse and BET.

This decision(use 23.7) came to me in a quick little "feeling".

I TRUSTED it and THEN the 4 lines for the 2 and 3's BREAK position showed itself to me. Now I have a totally different race on my hand.

THESE races I lost so many times going "early" for my bet that my mind finally had enough and warned me man. That is pattern recognition/intuition.

The "Hat's" matchup is NOT
projecting pace
running styles
spot plays
etc.etc.

HIS matchup is all about the MIND and RECALLING patterns/races that have run before. The things listed above are byproducts Steve. Let me stop here and show folks something please.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am going to show all of you reading this the most important post in this entire thread.

I CHALLENGE anyone who SERIOUSLY wants to matchup horses to accept what I am going to say and trust that I know what I am talking about.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The MOST important post in this thread is post #67. Focused Intensity/The Puma.

1) Sit back in a comfortable chair and relax. NO noise,distractions please.

2) NOW just LOOK at the Puma's EYES. I mean really look at them.
a) Totally FOCUSED
b) RECALLING what is about to happen because he has done this BEFORE.
c) Quiet intensity
d) Ready to pounce when the situation is right
e) RECALLING what is about to happen because he has done this BEFORE.

That photo came to me over a year ago and Jim TAUGHT me about the importance of the mind using this photo the SAME way I have just showed you HERE.

YES you can help TEACH your mind to do things like this IF conditions around you are right and you BELIEVE it can be done ok?

If you chuckle or poo-poo what has just been written in all honesty you can NOT learn to do Jim Bradshaw's matchup. You are short changing yourself out of the KEY part of what's needed to succeed. The MIND. A mind which CAN be taught to HELP YOU when matching horses.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bill Varone - "Rich when I went to the track with Jimmy it was like he put himself in a trance.He got real quiet and still and closed his eyes for a minute. Then he opened the form and blocked out EVERYTHING around him except the Form."

LeRoi Bradhsaw - "Richie he has that look again in his eyes. Let's put his horse on top,then everyone else for second and his "other horse" for the third spot and play triples. We will make money." - This said 2 hours before a Keeneland card last fall Jimmy worked with me live. He went 7 for 9 and SIX trifectas out of his 7 wins came in EXACTLY like LeRoi had predicted before the card started.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf ct1004r.pdf (910.4 KB, 753 views)
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!"
RichieP is offline  
Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Matchup Newsletter RichieP Matchup Discussion 16 09-17-2007 08:09 AM
MatchUp Example--Using RDSS Turbulator Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 7 07-23-2007 06:40 AM
Pattern Match chris Selections 3 06-09-2007 02:21 PM
matchup 2 Rverge Matchup Discussion 11 02-13-2007 10:57 AM
EVD for 5/25 the matchup! dugoutgold Selections 0 05-25-2006 12:10 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:16 AM.