Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #1
PeteC
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 611
SA Race 3 - March 3, 2013

SA Race 3 -

Here is an earlier race on the card too if anyone wants to match it up. I'll look at it closer in the morning.

Pete
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 0302sa3.pdf (179.1 KB, 1114 views)

Last edited by Ted Craven; 03-02-2013 at 01:47 PM.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:15 PM   #2
Bill Lyster
Grade 1
 
Bill Lyster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Posts: 2,498
Pete:
I like the 2 in the 3rd along with the 4. Not too keen about the last out maiden win for the 4, but it looks like it can close resolutely.

Bill
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:44 PM   #3
PeteC
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 611
SA Race 3

I see the 2,3 and 10 as the earlies here. The 10 may be the fastest of this group but this one REALLY slowed down in the last fraction last time. I'm looking OTE versus a 46.4 half-mile.

The 4 closed from far back against a 46.2 and looks best of the OTE runners. I'm not crazy about a deep closing style at a mile like this but nonetheless #4 is my top pick.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:27 AM   #4
lone speed
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
Hey Lone Speed-

Thanks for putting up this race. I see Game On Dude as the dominant early in the Big 'Cap. If someone pressures him too much then he may be vulnerable but I won't bet on it. I'll have to just watch this one.


Here is an earlier race on the card too if anyone wants to match it up. I'll look at it closer in the morning.

Pete
Hey Pete....

I took a look at this race...seems most of the contenders are coming off slow tracks as evidenced by the track daily variants....

I was trying to eyeball the race first but the slow times forced me to use the computer...


I ended with 4 contenders as the main foes..

#1 Quillotano--last paceline
#2 Prized by Buck-last paceline
#4 Visigodo--last paceline
#6 Full Effect-3rd paceline

I concluded with #2 Prized and #4 Visigodo...no big shake as these two are the favorites....but the money horse is #6 Full Effect if he can get up for third....
lone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #5
Bill Lyster
Grade 1
 
Bill Lyster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Posts: 2,498
conditions, conditions, conditions

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone speed View Post
Hey Pete....

I took a look at this race...seems most of the contenders are coming off slow tracks as evidenced by the track daily variants....

I was trying to eyeball the race first but the slow times forced me to use the computer...


I ended with 4 contenders as the main foes..

#1 Quillotano--last paceline
#2 Prized by Buck-last paceline
#4 Visigodo--last paceline
#6 Full Effect-3rd paceline

I concluded with #2 Prized and #4 Visigodo...no big shake as these two are the favorites....but the money horse is #6 Full Effect if he can get up for third....
FYI, this is for non winners of 2 LIFETIME. The 1 is 1/43 and the 6 is 1/37!!!
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #6
sureshotlink
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: the great race place
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lyster View Post
FYI, this is for non winners of 2 LIFETIME. The 1 is 1/43 and the 6 is 1/37!!!
The non winners of 2 lifetime conditions is taylormade for the 4 horse.It wont be that far off the pace at the second call today.The 9 horse will bounce back of a duel performance first try at the level.The rest are proven loser's.

both horses fit the current route model at SA SP/SUS well as the 2 horse.

Success to All!

Sureshotlink
Los Angeles,ca
sureshotlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #7
lone speed
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 696
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lyster View Post
FYI, this is for non winners of 2 LIFETIME. The 1 is 1/43 and the 6 is 1/37!!!
So they qualified for this race.....

Bill,

I was looking for contenders for the bottom of the exotics...if the #10 sets a fast pace....someone has the fill out the bottom slots...

Have a nice day...
lone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #8
PeteC
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 611
Thanks for jumping in guys. Everybody nailed this one....
Attached Images
 
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adjustments Question Ted Craven RDSS2 / FAQ's 3 06-29-2014 03:22 PM
Race Review Pen Race 9 Jan4 2013 Bill V. Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) 7 01-05-2013 04:34 PM
UPDATED - Official Contest Rules, beginning AUGUST Ted Craven August Contest 1 07-24-2012 10:09 PM
Bad RDSS Race Data for several Euro Horses Ted Craven 2011 2 11-03-2011 03:24 PM
Jim Bradshaw's 5 Step Approach to learning the Matchup RichieP Hat Check - How Can We Help You? 1 05-25-2009 09:52 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:26 PM.