Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 02-09-2014, 05:29 PM   #1
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

Horses That Have Previously Fallen

In race 5 at AQU today there was a horse running called Your Move. In it's previous race at Parx it fell after the line. On it's first race back today it won paying $6.40.

My selections were due to be 5 & 8 which finished 1st & 2nd, but I passed the race. The reason was that I cast my mind back to a comment by Bob Purdy about horses that had previously fallen and it being best to leave them alone until they have proven they are over the fall psychologically and are running well again.

This horse appears to have done it straight away, but I'm sure Bob didn't jump to this conclusion from nowhere.

Anyone any thoughts/observations on this? Right now I only have a sample size of one to go with....

Apparently one of a horses greatest fears is falling and it easy to see horses start to make a strong move in the stretch & lose all momentum if they think another horse is going to drift in front of them.
DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote