Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #1
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
Life lessons learned from Jim Bradshaw

I hope it is ok to reproduce here a NON racing message I received recently and my feedback to that person. I ask for your indulgence as this is also who Jim the Hat is to me!
Thank you

First the letter I received:
Ok my big question is what is your secret to making yourself a winner in your MIND, yes your mind, state of being, or what ever you yourself may call it, as there are many many ways to do this and Docs and I believe The Hat , too both had an almost , or maybe a metephysical way about them in knowing in their mind they were winners, not just racing but life in general, am I right here???

Christianity, belief in Christ to do all things thru belief in him. This is a vast area to cover, but you understand my intentions I am sure...

Other religions, like Budda and even some type of Metaphysical beliefs that one could also classify as religion.

Mediatation, Yoga and others

Then we come to the Mind and the power that it may hold all by itself, the power that it could wield if one could attain the knowledge of being able to use it and tap it's massive power, ( this is one I tend to lean towards ) as I have seen it first hand the power of what the mind can do when it does what you actually thought it would , like me getting fat after quitting smoking, as I told myself over and over I would and I did, know I need to reverse it , (still working on that by the way),

I was wondering if you had any material and or suggested life changing , not RDSS, as I believe I have that part down pretty well, what I need now is become the winner in life and then all else will fall into place, as a winner in life will be healthy , happy and helpful to others, and like I was this summer I would like that feeling permantly and know it is possible when one is looking for it, can you help me find it please.


Now my feedback all of which has changed my life these past 4 years in an unbelieveable way. I hope that someone takes something from it.

I learned SO much from Hat in the 2 years I had with him. It has changed my life so unbelievably and it has nothing to do with racing or materialistic things ok? I'm very serious.

Being happy/fulfilled comes from WITHIN and I can suggest a few keys that have helped me change my life, I hope some of this may help you as we ALL deserve happiness, love and fulfillment.

1) LOVE - Quite simply this is the most powerful force in the Universe. Hat told me "Riche don't judge just LOVE folks" as we are all connected. So give of yourself and make people around you feel loved and special. It comes back to you in spades~!

2) GOOD Karma - What we project into the world is EXACTLY what we get back. Hat said picture a huge reflective mirror in front of you all the time. Now what you send out into the world (if it is anger, hate or LOVE and positive energy) will reflect off the mirror and come back and hit you in the face and heart. Remember this next time you feel like popping off or exploding at someone ok? Also focus on this when you tell someone you love them or thank them for something they have done for you.

3 POSITIVE energy - We must complely ELIMINATE all negative energy habits and people from our existence plain and simple. Hard part is some of these people/habits may be friends (so called) or habits we have been doing for decades. Jim said I have to walk away from all this and NEVER look back. NEVER.

Surround your life with positive energy people, habits and THOUGHTS and be the best person each day you can be to yourself first then the rest of humanity. Take time to acknowledge the LITTLE things each day that cause joy (someone smiling at you, a child laughing, pretty sunrise/sunset, feeling good, family etc etc. It is an accumulation of small POSITIVE and LOVING things that bring inner joy NOT some some big event (like hitting lotto etc)

Be thankful each day that you WOKE UP!! There are NO guarantees in life pay attention to the Blessings all around us every day!

Love
Richie
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!"
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:55 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
Never truer or wiser words to live by uttered by anyone. A new poster for my wall, and not a bad modern translation of the Sermon on the Mount, to boot.

Rich, my brother, thank you for what you have allowed yourself to become, for 'channeling' some priceless wisdom.

All good things to you.

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:31 PM   #3
barb craven
Grade 1
 
barb craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bobcaygeon,On,Canada
Posts: 1,316
Bravo my friend and thank you for sharing the simple, but powerful route to living.
B
__________________
Listen...Learn...Stay Safe.
barb craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:57 PM   #4
delmarscott2004
delmarscott2004
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Orange County California
Posts: 132
RichieP

Thank you

Scott
delmarscott2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:33 PM   #5
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
Beautiful. Rich. I think its a treasure to see your growth and happiness. Sharing your feelings to us all will touch many. . Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:50 PM   #6
SilentRun
Grade 1 Aspiree
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 678
That is a great philosophy of life to live by. Kudos to you....I need to improve
in some areas but I am working on it.

Ernie
SilentRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:59 AM   #7
noddub62
Budman
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 801
Smile happy happy

Richie,

That a great viewpoint and one that we all should follow.

It's so good that I'm sending it to my mother-in-law!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Karen,

the Budman
noddub62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:21 PM   #8
Old Arkie Gal
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
The spirit of Jim and Doc lives on.

I see it every time I read the posts here. I was attracted to the Sartin methodology years ago, because of Doc's and Jim's willingness to give and to share in a very unselfless way. I continue to see it here on the Forum. Ted's efforts to develop and improve RDSS and his willingness to maintain an open mind and consider all suggestions to improve RDSS, and to share his insights. Richie who gives us a a some what mystical and an a spiritual view of life, and of course the Match Up. I think you have to be a little mystical to use the Match Up. Bill's dedication to teaching us all. He puts his thouhts out here for all to see. He makes a personal offering to us sharing his races allowing us to see his strengths and his vulnerabilites. I see the spirit when I read the input from the members here. You all share. You all give of your hard earned knowledge. I am so pleased and amazed to see all of this. What a great group! No greed here.
In this season of giving thanks, I give thanks to all of you who share so much of your self!

This is my first post. I started using RDSS this summer, but have just started using it in Sept. to bet. What an improvement to all the old programs. I started using the Methodology at about the Phase III stage with a hand held compurter. I attended a couple of seminars in Ok City with Doc and Jim. I had every Follow Up from Vol. 1-88. Life has a way of pulling a person (at least me) from doing the things that are enjoyable. I've had a hiatus of nearly 20 years and then I found you all again. So glad to be a part of you.

By the way, Barb Craven and I are age cohorts.

I have been long winded. You all won't have to put up with this too often. I'm shy.

I hope that you all have a blessed holiday season.

Pat H.

Last edited by Ted Craven; 11-21-2011 at 07:25 PM. Reason: spelling
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:03 PM   #9
PeteC
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 611
A great passage to read each morning to gear up for the day...racing or otherwise. Thanks Richie.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:29 AM   #10
barb craven
Grade 1
 
barb craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bobcaygeon,On,Canada
Posts: 1,316
It's good to see you here Pat. This is a wonderful and caring and giving board isn't it.
barb craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
God Bless you, Howard Sartin........ tom General Discussion 90 10-03-2024 07:08 PM
Actually coming to terms with your life pktruckdriver General Discussion 8 08-26-2011 08:07 AM
What have I learned about RDSS lately? pktruckdriver General Discussion 29 08-30-2010 08:00 AM
Sartin Bradshaw Race Race 5 Bill V. 2009 22 08-25-2009 03:44 PM
Tulsa Winters and Mrs. Bradshaw RichieP Matchup Discussion 2 12-23-2008 10:27 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:01 PM.