Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 07:19 PM   #1
smilingtiger
AlwNW2X
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 24
Validator Manual Entry and RDSS

I use Validator manual entry. I like it. What I really like about it is the 3F & TP screen used in conjunction with the Validator screen. Are these two screens available in RDSS? Eventually, I will move towards getting RDSS, but I'd like to know that those two screens are in the program. Also, if they are in the program, are the algorithms the same as they were in Validator? My 2003 computer is starting to show signs of aging, and a new computer looms on the horizon.
smilingtiger is offline  
Old 08-01-2011, 09:18 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
Tiger,

V/DC & TP+F3. Indeed they are included:

Name:  sar0801-5.png
Views: 743
Size:  83.2 KB

Name:  sar0801-5-bl.png
Views: 702
Size:  66.7 KB

Plus, FWIW, Early/Late Differential - the other Sartin engineering marvel of the ages (here, most Early relative energy disbursement identifies the winner).

Name:  sar0801-5-el.png
Views: 731
Size:  61.2 KB

The VDC formula is the same as what Doc published for Val2 and Val3, so I'm pretty sure it's the same as ValM. Anyway, it's the last program he created, and he felt it was his best. VDC (Velocity relative to Deceleration) is still very important to us today: it's the descendant and epitome of what Energy, Entropy and Kgen were.

Any time you're ready to kick the tires, just let me know. It will feel like an old familiar friend (in a new suit!)

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 07:51 AM   #3
smilingtiger
AlwNW2X
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 24
Thanks for the reply Ted. btw, How's the weather up in Huntsville? We've had some serious heat here in Kitchener, especially last week.
smilingtiger is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 08:58 AM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingtiger View Post
Thanks for the reply Ted. btw, How's the weather up in Huntsville? We've had some serious heat here in Kitchener, especially last week.
It's been wicked hot all month, almost American (I thought you couldn't take that across the border ). But our cottage neighbours from South Carolina say it's nothing like the heat and humidity back home. There are worse places to spend the Summer ...

Enjoy the season (it's short enough ...)

Cheers,

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 01:30 PM   #5
kenr3138
AlwNW2X
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 22
Segment Screen V/DC Positions

Hey Ted:
In the configuration settings in RDSS2 I set the “Mode” Val4 Emulation.
However, the Segments Screen indicates that it is actually in “Default Emulation” of TS + 3rd fraction positions.

This is an important factor in my handicapping that it shows the “VDC” positions in the third frame of the Segments Tab. I use the “VDC” positions to eliminate from win the worst two or three of the five/six by position. I also use the #1 position as the horse to beat. So this screen is particularly important to me. This is the concept that Bill Varone was testing some time ago. I believe RDSS1 was also causing him the same problem. I’m not sure how that was resolved. Any way, Thanks for your help.
Ken
kenr3138 is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 01:41 PM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
Ken,

I agree. Check the RDSS2 Components document I sent you, item #18. Val4 mode is not functioning yet - I should get that up this week.

The image you see is indeed Default mode. Val4 mode will look like it does in RDSS1, with the addition of the new underlying VDC % column you see.

I'll rely on your and Bill V's feedback to make that readout the most function it can be.

Let's continue this particular discussion in the RDSS2 Testing Forum.

cheers,

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 06:19 PM   #7
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
Valm

Hi Ted and Ken
From what I ve seen testing valm (manual entry)and Val 2 an 3
is the readouts are very close but not 100 % the same
Valm is Validator 1 in the manual entry format
When Val 2 came out Doc still offered Valm to those who wanted hand entry but the Val 2 and 3 tweeks are not in Valm
No manual version was made .Again nothing that wild about the readouts but they can be different at times.

Anyway

Here is race 5 from Saratoga yesterday I'm using rdss1 in the val4 mode
I used Teds pacelines The screen shot has my comments in the notepad box
oops sorry in the box i say i took out 3 and 7 It was 6 and 7 also sorry the note box got cropped to small some of the text is missing
Name:  Here is the 4.png
Views: 727
Size:  58.3 KB

Last edited by Bill V.; 08-02-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Bill V. is offline  
Old 08-02-2011, 08:57 PM   #8
smilingtiger
AlwNW2X
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
It's been wicked hot all month, almost American (I thought you couldn't take that across the border ). But our cottage neighbours from South Carolina say it's nothing like the heat and humidity back home. There are worse places to spend the Summer ...

Enjoy the season (it's short enough ...)

Cheers,

Ted
I spent 2 weeks in New Orleans in July 1986. The humidity was brutal. I thought Alabama was hot. I also spent July 1992 in Las Vegas. That summer the heat went up to around 120F, but there was also some humidity which is odd for Las Vegas. Man. I thought Kentucky was hot. Many people in New Orleans have little white towels in their back pockets which they use to wipe the sweat off of their faces.
smilingtiger is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RDSS Data Management alydar_ David RDSS 5 09-23-2010 06:38 PM
RDSS at the Spinaway & Saranac Stakes clore1030 RDSS 3 09-06-2010 01:38 PM
Release Notes - Version 0.98.8 Ted Craven RDSS Info, Reference 3 07-28-2009 08:35 PM
Release Notes - Version 0.98.5 Ted Craven RDSS Info, Reference 5 12-31-2008 10:56 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:13 AM.