Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2009, 07:27 PM   #1
pktruckdriver
Grade 1
 
pktruckdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saratoga Springs
Posts: 1,547
Thinkin Problem, actually record keeping

Hey Richie

This was awesome, really it was fantastic, and a video too.

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1339

And For the Lead's thread

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5891


Now my thoughts on this please are not to be taken out of context, I hope, as I am trying to learn this and have no issue with the work involved to do so, I do how-ever have time issue's, on most days, as I'm not retired and do not work your normal 9-5 job, maybe I should, but right now I don't, so I must make the best use of my time and I ask for help here, and if you wish to criticize, that's okay too. Most here do not and maybe I should omit that in the future.

1st. Using Excell or any spreadsheet, I have not and will need to learn how to, why, because Richie's program is exactly what I need to use it will be perfect, for record keeping , unless someone has a better idea, and I doubt there is one, except he went too far for me, including everything, but for those with time, and maybe 60-100 words a minute typing skills, in-putting all that data from one race , to me would take 10-30 minutes maybe a race, too much time, about 5-6 hours maybe per card.

2nd. Would anyone be willing to help me with a crash course on excell use, enough to maybe use and be able to read and print and everything else I would need to do to use Richie's workbook to it's best ability, otherwise find the trends for the track I am working with, to see what's winning and what's not, and would this be an easy thing to teach, or would it be dang near impossible, Ted has taught me, the few meetings we had when I began, if you need an opinion of how well I listen and try to learn, so maybe a few hours or a weekend cram session, whatever it took, as I feel I would get it quickly and then be on my way to doing this myself, thus making another step towards my goal of learning RDSS.

3rd. Now instead of over 60 or so factors, that I was thinking of , and would need help here, please, of just maybe starting out recording about 10 or so factors, and your input on those 10 or so would be appreciated, and then also being able to adapt the workbook to having only those factors in it instead of all the ones in there now, but keeping the tabs on the bottom for distance and surface thou, that was great and will be needed, I even know that much. Now these factors would help me to identify what, how the track is running for sprints and routes, early or late speed bias's, best energy output for what race types, etc..., and help with what to llok for and how to spot it, would be appreciated too, as I have never done this before and will be happy to learn this and do it for myself, but need to be taught , please!!

4th. Now is it me or would I want a record book for each track I play, that way it does not get confusing when trying to read the info in it, just asking here as if one book has everything in it how would I seperate it, but if I had a MTR book , and SA book, not running yet, I know, but you get the idea here, I could then read and see the patterns without having the different tracks co-mingle, am I right here, just thinkin out loud...

5th. Now most people think that I should know all this , and some I do, but I need a little help, and was under the impression I could ask for it here , unlike in Doc's days where they say until you're at 65 % or better don not bother us, now I may be fabricating a bit here, but it seemed in the old days you were expected to know certain things, and it is those certain thngs that I am now trying to learn, thus learning them will enable me to move forward and learn RDSS better, I do not need anyone to do it for me, just show how to do for myself, while the video Richie did was awesome and will help me already understand some of it, but still, there was much still , to me anyway, left out, like how to read the info and evaluate it, the trends we look for and how to bring up the right screens to do all this, to you it may be simple to do, but not me, not yet, Okay. I need a little Help Please.


Again thank you all for reading this and your help however small is very appreciated and just a few years ago I never even turned on a computer, but slowly I am making great progress, and will continue to do so each day that I can find the time to do so, an hour here ,a few there and before you know I record keeping all by myself and finding the trends that I should be, just like some of Y'all, that's the plan anyway.

Thank again

Patrick
http://www.singingfool.com/Title.aspx?publishedid=91870
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Record Keeping Spreadsheet Beta Testers Wanted Turbulator Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 14 08-03-2021 07:52 PM
Record Keeping Idea's pktruckdriver Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 26 07-12-2009 08:08 AM
MORE record keeping ideas For The Lead Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 0 07-12-2009 03:19 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:31 PM.