Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Selections
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Selections Post Your Picks - 1 race or a card

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2005, 01:51 AM   #1
cprescigno
Spec Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 258
Hawthorne Oct 27

Richie,
I'm tracking a few races tomorrow, Oct. 27 at Hawthorne where I have used this method to select horses. I'm posting up the races, hides and selection.
I may take a shot at the 5th, 7th, and 8th races here. Looks like they could pay well if they come in.

Hawthorne Oct 27

RACE 3 (usually I just watch the early races)
Hide 4-2-1
6-Hunte-9/2 S/P
7-Chang-5/1 S/p
3-Galla-8/1 SUS
I have a correction for Race 3. When I went in to recheck my pacelines this morning I managed to wipe out my selections for the entire card. I think I hit a key while it was processing. So I went back in to reselect them and for this race I have a different result. Either I was working too late last night or I see better in the morning after my second coffee. Here's the change. I see I even had the PP for Chang incorrect. I must have been dizzy last night. I better go over the rest of the card to double check.
RACE 3
Hide 4-1-6
2-Want-6/1 PRE
3-Galla-5/1 SUS
5-Chang-5/1 S/P

RACE 5
Hide 2-8-5
1-Cama-4/1 E/P
4-Sulli-6/1 EAR
3-First-12/1 PRE
Here there was something I didn't like about the 4 horse. May have been the paceline or he exhibited some problems. Decided (if I go in) to make a Win bet on the 1 and Box Exacta 1-3.
ANOTHER CORRECTION -
RACE 5
Hide 2-5-8
3-First-12/1 PRE
6 IM GR-8/1 LAT
9-Flor-9/2 S/P
BL/BL shows 3-9-6
I would just make a win bet on the 3 here or he 3-6
ANOTHER CORRECTION TO RACE 7
(I'm going to delete the original entry so this doesn't get too confusing)
RACE 7
Hide 4-5-7
2-Illin-20/1 E/P
1-Expen-4/1 SUS
2-1 Win Bet, Exacta Box 2-1
BL/BL Has 2-1-3 here.

I made a change here.
RACE 8
Hide 5-1-7
4-Pacif-5/1 E/P
10-Miss-10/1 PRE
3-Prove-10/1 E/P
Win -4 and 10
Box Trifecta 4-10-3
Ex Box 4-10

In some cases I'll just watch it, in others I get an itch and jump in. I usually sit out until about 3 minutes to post. If I like the odds I go. These aren't recommended picks, I'm not that good yet. If you want to bet them a couple of bucks won't hurt, the return is good.

I'm not going to correct race 8. This is easy enough to do. Go in, select your pacelines, hide the top three energy horses, go to Matchup Screen and you have your winner (I hope).

Charlie

Last edited by cprescigno; 10-27-2005 at 03:18 PM.
cprescigno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 12:33 AM   #2
cprescigno
Spec Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 258
Rich,

Unfortunately this didn't work at all today. I'm going to have to take a better look at it but at this point I think the better way to handle it would be to take a much stronger look at the Fourth Tier BL/BL entry and make a decsions with the high energy horses in.
Once again no free lunch, or at least an easy lunch.
I'll still keep tracking it looking for strong Overlays.


Charlie
cprescigno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:04 PM.