Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion Phase III/MPH, Synergism, Energy, Kgen, Entropy, Thoromation, Phase I, Quad-Rater, PaceLauncher, Synthesis, Validator, Val4, Speculator, etc ...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2008, 09:02 PM   #1
froggy
Grade 1
 
froggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bullhead City Az
Posts: 921
Is Thoromation this good?

In going over the seven races that I figured today at Aqueduct and looking at it with Thoromation I noticed something that I couldn't get with Energy.
I exported the same races and pace lines that I used in Energy from the original RDSS screen.
I threw out some obvious poor horses using total energy that I shouldn't have had in to begin with.
Using the 2 adjustment on every race.
Looking at the 8) Thoromation screen and selecting the top two for win bets and top three for exacta boxes.
The program hit seven out of seven races for the win bets and six out of seven exactas.
Race #8 didn't call for the 2 adjustment and didn't get the winner that way, but with the 2 adjustment it did.

Is this program that good or am I looking at it from hindsight?

In going back over the same races with energy.
I threw out the same poor horses that should never have been included in the first place and then all I could get is the four winners that I already had.

Froggy

Last edited by froggy; 02-23-2008 at 09:07 PM.
froggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 11:33 PM   #2
shoeless
Grade 1
 
shoeless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,640
You already answered your own question
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 07:30 AM   #3
simon
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 153
Excellent

Excellent report Froggy

I would say Yes !!!
Keep it going

GS
RK
__________________


Doc and Jim
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:17 PM   #4
Condor
AlwNW1X
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5
thoromation

Are there any copies of thoromation that can be purchased any more?
Condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:29 PM   #5
Houndog
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,258
Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggy View Post
In going over the seven races that I figured today at Aqueduct and looking at it with Thoromation I noticed something that I couldn't get with Energy.
I exported the same races and pace lines that I used in Energy from the original RDSS screen.
I threw out some obvious poor horses using total energy that I shouldn't have had in to begin with.
Using the 2 adjustment on every race.
Looking at the 8) Thoromation screen and selecting the top two for win bets and top three for exacta boxes.
The program hit seven out of seven races for the win bets and six out of seven exactas.
Race #8 didn't call for the 2 adjustment and didn't get the winner that way, but with the 2 adjustment it did.

Is this program that good or am I looking at it from hindsight?

In going back over the same races with energy.
I threw out the same poor horses that should never have been included in the first place and then all I could get is the four winners that I already had.

Froggy
Froggy, did you also you also use the number 2 adjustment in Energy which is called the Alternate (E) adjust when it was called for? That may make a difference also.

With the earlier versions of Energy it is more of a manual input process. Also you do not get the warning as you do in THOROMATION that a horse may need an alternate adjustment.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:17 PM   #6
lsosa54
Grade 1
 
lsosa54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC and San Diego
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condor View Post
Are there any copies of thoromation that can be purchased any more?

The company that produced it is out of business now. RDSS is now the way to go and I believe Ted has incorporated the "animation" part, but I could be wrong.
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 07:13 PM   #7
froggy
Grade 1
 
froggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bullhead City Az
Posts: 921
Houndog,

The #2) Alternate Adjust doesn't work unless you use the Energy Generator at the start of your download and then if you go thru the routine a second time you only have Automatic Adjust and # 3) Manual Adjust.

I try not to make adjustments.
I might be losing some races, but I feel more comfortable doing the same procedure for every race.

Froggy
froggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 07:17 PM   #8
froggy
Grade 1
 
froggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bullhead City Az
Posts: 921
Condor,

Send me an email.
Lets talk.

Froggy
froggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:20 PM   #9
Tim Y
turf historian
 
Tim Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,455
Thoromation stands the test of time once you understand it. It is harder work than the later models but the basic information is still there.
Tim Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good Job shoeless General Discussion 6 09-25-2007 11:03 AM
Keep a good thought please RichieP General Discussion 14 06-28-2007 07:22 PM
too bad, good place Dupree_03 Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 6 06-08-2007 10:52 AM
Good Day @ New York froggy Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 7 03-31-2007 01:20 AM
here's a good one tompkins Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 5 12-09-2005 09:12 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:06 PM.