Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2007, 01:27 AM   #1
JIGSAW
AlwNW2X
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 28
Passing Races your #1 win weapon

I heard a person who had been handicapping for 35 years on this sight can't win and was going to quit. My heart goes out to this person because for years I was zig zagging and getting tagged. I would lose money and go find more and do it again.

There is good news. If you really want to win follow these instructions.

1. Do not bet Maiden Races.

2. Do not bet 2 year olds.

3. Do not bet into a race unless all the contenders have 3 running lines.

4. Do not bet races with First Time Starters or Foreign horses with no running lines.

These kind of races are what the track connection use with inside information to seperate you from your money. Eliminate these races. With hundreds of races to choose from it makes no sense to donate your money.

I believe Howard would have directed people into the .10 cent Superfecta's.
They pay 3 times what Trifecta's pay and put you in a better bet to return ratio. The bet I use is the 4 horse box for $2.40. With the knowledge and programs we use you will be surprised by your ROI if you are consistent.

This bet also keeps big betters out of tax trouble. You can have a bunch of tickets for .10 cents and still hit big. The person that tries to go to the track with limited funds should love this bet. You can win big without going broke.

Did I follow my own advise tonight. Amazingly enough yes. 12-29-2007 Sam Houston I looked at the card and passed everything per my rules. This left me with race 3-5-9. I boxed my 4 horses for $2.40 a total of 7.20. I bet these and went to my family gathering. I try not to let Horseracing consume me. All I care about is ROI.

Lost the 3, Lost the 5th, and surprise hit race 9 with a 50-1 shot 4th. The Super paid $884.20 for a dollar. My .10 cent ticket pays 10% which is $88.42.

Bet $7.20 made $81.22 Profit. Return on Investment 11.28 thats 11 times your money. Try doing that betting 2 horses to win.

Not bragging just teaching. Discussion is very welcome.

Denny
JIGSAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 07:10 AM   #2
MIKE
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 196
Jigsaw

--Great philosophy
--limiting your bets to races that you've got full info on all the horses and where you've got a good handle on the race.
--big bang for your buck---small investment/big possible payoff.
MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 07:58 AM   #3
RAMON201
Grade 1
 
RAMON201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 593
Thanks for sharing that. Im impressed by the R.O.I on a 10 cent bet. I admit I've always thought that the 10 cent bet was a waste of my time but I can now see that the bang for the buck factor rules.
RAMON201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 10:04 AM   #4
bobp
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The Woodlands Texas
Posts: 154
Good advice on the 10 cent Superfecta. Strong disagreement from some of us

who win on Maidens because we understand training and bringing a horse to

form. Example: 12-29 Tampa Bay Race 11.

#9 $80.20 22.60 9.40 5 nice workouts and a blowout 4 days ago. And

2nd leading rider up today

Nothing wrong with your style. Everyone needs to find a comfort zone and

stick with it.
bobp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 10:10 AM   #5
shoeless
Grade 1
 
shoeless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,640
Jigsaw,I guess your post was directed at me and I appreciate you taking the time to post it.Im already doing the 4 steps that you have mentioned ,it's no sense making it harder to win going into races that I dont have an understanding of.Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 10:29 AM   #6
Bob Cochran
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 329
shoeless

Good morning. I have read several of your posts, and it led me to ask you these questions out of curiosity. How many different tracks do you attempt
to handicap on a regular basis ?

Do you have a working "model", or any "20 race cycles" on the same tracks?

just curious,
BobC
Bob Cochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 10:52 AM   #7
shoeless
Grade 1
 
shoeless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,640
Hi Bob,I mostly play on weekends and the tracks Im playing are Tampa and Philly.I dont have a model or a 20 race cycle,I guess in part that I really havent focused on a software or method for any length of time.Recently I have been thinking that maybe Im not cut out for using software.Any pointers you can give me would be appreciated as I really respect your opinion.Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:18 AM   #8
Bob Cochran
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 329
shoeless

Hi Jeff. You have mentioned synergism on several occasions. This would be adequate. Separate the distances, don't worry about class at this point.

I usually track the median energy expenditure at all distances of a track
I handicap. The most stable numbers usually come from tracks with the longest meets. For instance, Calder, Philadelphia are a couple off the top.

I prefer Calder pricewise. handicap about 50 races at each distance.
Some distances will have a lot fewer instances because they are created by the Racing Secretary to accomodate certain barns. The distances that have
only a few instances can be eliminated from your model, or profile.

Form the 50 or so races, eliminate the extremely hi's and low's and all like
them. The extremely hi and lo i speak of, refers to the factors you are
modeling. This info is produced from checking the winners of the races and
making note of repeating factors. A predictive profile needs about 15 matches.

This having been said, a model, or profile will be relatively accurate in
3 of a nine race card. At some tracks maybe 4 races out of nine or more.
This is due to the "Matchup" in any given race. The more balanced the
race , the more predictive. Balance meaning the collective running styles.
stick to betting 2 horses per race for awhile. No exotics for now.

Hope this helps Jeff.
BobC
Bob Cochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:25 AM   #9
JIGSAW
AlwNW2X
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 28
Passing Races

I was not directing my idea's at any one person. I am only trying to save you time on things that cost me years to learn.

I think it's great that people can win with trainer patterns and angles. You are playing a lot tougher game than I am but some people like to swim with the sharks.

I do not use Jockeys, Trainers, or owners to win races. These are area's I threw out years ago and Howard was right they still serve me today.

I do not model races. It took me 10 years and numerous programs and many thousands of dollars to learn this because I did not let my mind believe it. Why do you think they came up with the dream race? The running styles and the interaction of the horses in this one race which will only take place this one time dictates who will win. Howard dumped modeling in the early 1990's and it is one other thing that can side track you from winning. What happens when your 50 race model says early and they dig up the track and you play early and the track comes up sustained?

Today I am playing CRC, Tp, SA, and Tup. I play Trifecta's and Superfecta's.
I look for horses that have early running potential and late running potential. If the don't have these moves as Jimmy Bradshaw would call them I throw the horse out. I do not go top 5 total energy I will go 10-12 speed ratings deep to get my place ,show and 4th place horse. I have found tightening total energy is what you do to get the winner. Same reason Jimmy said he had trouble with the exoctics but had the winner cold.

Pick a race like you did the other day and we can give it a shot.

Have to go working on the races.
JIGSAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:56 AM   #10
Bob Cochran
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 329
Jigsaw

Jig, remember we are responding to a person who is having a problem
handicapping races profitably. What was attempted , was some advice to
create a working discipline. Everything "works" in racing , at one time or
another.

The reason Howard gave up on modeling, was clients were complaining
their models fail to work on every race. Some people need 100% proficiency
on a factor before believing it "works". It just ain't gonna happen.

There is a reason why the accuracy of most models or profiles is around
33%. It's called the "MATCHUP". This doesn't mean models, pars, or profiles
don't work. If the race running styles are balanced, the model will work.
If not, the Matchup will be the most accurate way to predict the out come.

All types of races are playable, and advice on "not to play maidens, 2yr olds, etc " is ill-advised, as is playing all types of exotics to a person who is
having issues.
BobC
Bob Cochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
passing races groundassault General Discussion 1 05-30-2006 04:12 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:10 PM.