Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2007, 01:51 PM   #1
socantra
Grade 1
 
socantra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 387
Speed Ratings displayed in RDSS

Ted,

Could you please give me a rundown on the various speed ratings displayed in RDSS. I know you've posted it before in various places, but you could save me a lot of trouble if..... If you can't remember off the top of your head, I'll search it out.

I'm trying to put together a little article on using the new TM SR and Class ratings for anyone interested and would like to tie it as closely as possible to RDSS.

Dick...
__________________
"Ils Sont Partis"
socantra is offline  
Old 11-27-2007, 01:44 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
Dick,

How much detail do you want? Derivation of TrackMaster SR, DTV, ITV, Pars, Class rating scheme, point values by distance? The Sartin software's Adjusted SR is not related to the TrackMaster SR, so I presume you're not looking for that? Where each SR shows up in RDSS screens? Gross vs Net SRs? Etc?

Much of the foregoing will end up in the public RDSS documentation (eventually), and you're welcome to write that for me! Let me know how I can help.

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline  
Old 11-27-2007, 02:12 PM   #3
socantra
Grade 1
 
socantra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Dick,

How much detail do you want? Derivation of TrackMaster SR, DTV, ITV, Pars, Class rating scheme, point values by distance? The Sartin software's Adjusted SR is not related to the TrackMaster SR, so I presume you're not looking for that? Where each SR shows up in RDSS screens? Gross vs Net SRs? Etc?

Ted
Mainly just looking for which TM SRs made it into the displays, in terms of gross vs. net, and which display is SR by itself. I know the Sartin SRs are not the same as Trackmasters.

I just want to write up the new Trackmaster speed as it relates to the class figures, try to get a general feel for point values at the various distances, etc. I've got the numbers pretty well worked out on paper from back when they changed over, but never put it down in any comprehensive form.

I went out to the local OTB last week and was stuck with only the Equibase program pp. I could slowly run raw TPRs in my head, but realized that I was totally in the dark when it came to having a feel for those wierd new TM numbers.

I got fairly comfy with the old ones and figured I might as well get used to the new ones. As long as I'm doing it, I might as well tie it as closely as I can to RDSS and maybe someone else can get some benefit out of it.

Dick...
__________________
"Ils Sont Partis"
socantra is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tpr ratings analysis shoeless Pace Makes the Race / TPR Total Pace Ratings 8 12-27-2015 11:59 AM
River Downs Speed Ratings Turbulator Speculator 2 05-14-2006 12:34 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:47 PM.