Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Selections
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Selections Post Your Picks - 1 race or a card

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2026, 01:06 PM   #1
Lt1
Grade 1
 
Lt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Valley Stream NY
Posts: 11,452
Parx

Just a reminder to those who play Parx on a regular basis that there are now several ne apprentice rider there so the apprentice angle is back in play. Pay attention since the public is generally overlooking them we are getting some very nice exotic payoffs.
Tim
__________________
Trust but verify
Lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2026, 12:22 AM   #2
dadams6357
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Downers Grove, Il
Posts: 529
Tim
Can you give a quick over view of the apprentace angle?
Thanks
Don
dadams6357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2026, 08:08 AM   #3
Lt1
Grade 1
 
Lt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Valley Stream NY
Posts: 11,452
[ So here it is as given to me by former leading NY trainer Gasper Moschera[when I was doing work for him]. To qualify a horse must be switching from a journey man rider to an apprentice today [for the 1st time ever but I waive that]. The horse must have raced within the last 28 days[if claimed in its' last race then raced within the last 35]. The other thing needed in a claiming race is if the race has a top/bottom claiming price ie 35-30 etc the horse must be racing for the top claiming price[35k in this case]. I have changed the days to 45 since horses don't run as often as they did in Gaspers' time. He suggested avoiding the angle in Stakes & mdn races, but I don't. I also give extra attention credit to LSPS when the angle appears also. Good luck
Tim
__________________
__________________
Trust but verify
Lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2026, 09:43 AM   #4
Jimmy R
Grade 1
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Close to PRX
Posts: 227
Hi Tim,

Great post! Had a very nice day yesterday at Parx. Two #1 horses around 10/1 came in and the P5, P4 and late P3 all paid very nicely. Unfortunately, I was only able to get in the late P3 and Double, plus a W/P bet on the second 10/1 winner, but it was still a good day.

I've been spending a lot more time working Parx lately, so I'm definitely adding this apprentice angle to what I'm looking for. I especially like that it gives us something the public may not be paying much attention to.

A couple questions for you: when this angle shows up, do you use it mainly as an upgrade on a horse you already consider a contender, or will it sometimes cause you to bring a borderline horse into your contender group?

Also, does the amount of the apprentice allowance matter to you — 5, 7, 10 pounds, etc., or is the switch from the journeyman to the apprentice itself the important part?

I'm going to go back through some recent Parx races and see how often I can identify it.

Thanks for sharing this!

Jimmy
__________________
May the HORSE be with you!
- Harvey Pack
Jimmy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2026, 12:24 PM   #5
darmar
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Maple Ridge, B.C. Canada
Posts: 3,627
Hey Jimmy congrats on your efforts yesterday at Parx ( which used to be Tim's favorite track until he started killing it at CharleyTown LOL ) it was a very good day for RDSS as well.
Tim is always willing to share his angle plays and help others improve their skills from his arsenal of work. Since I have had the opportunity to work with him he has made my handicapping excell greatly
so make good use of this angle and continue to have many more profitable days of racing
Darryl
darmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2026, 02:02 PM   #6
Lt1
Grade 1
 
Lt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Valley Stream NY
Posts: 11,452
Hi Jimmy. First congrats on your big day. Parx is still my #1 trk but Charlie Town is giving it run for its; money. As far as the angle goes I note it on my form but I will upgrade a contender if those tanked higher have flaws. I still put more weight on the Scott & Quirin factors. However I use the angle when deciding how to wager especially on LSP.S.
Tim
__________________
Trust but verify
Lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another Parx Shipper Upsets Aqu R1 2-23 Lt1 Races of Interest 0 02-23-2024 01:56 PM
A real good day at Parx 2-19 darmar Races of Interest 1 02-19-2024 08:04 PM
Big Day At Parx Lt1 General Discussion 7 08-30-2020 01:48 PM
Why PARX by Bill V mnl97 General Discussion 12 07-14-2020 10:09 PM
Why Parx Bill V. General Discussion 6 11-04-2013 02:06 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:12 AM.