Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Selections
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Selections Post Your Picks - 1 race or a card

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2026, 01:00 PM   #1
Mitch44
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: The Villages, Fl.
Posts: 3,872
Wo

Here you go Jon, this is a quick look as we're going out to dinner & I'll make some blind bets before I leave. Best of luck.
1st 4-5-8 Only $ here is with the # 5. Of the 2 FTS the 4 is the best Risk reward not there on either.
The bet is EX. 5 w' 4 & 8
EX 4 & 8 w 5
DD 1st 5 w/ 4 8
4 & 8 w 5
# 5 to Win
5 w/ 5 DD

Note # 5 in the 1st has a big class edge & # 5 in 2ne race has my w/o pattern.

2nd race 4-5-8-
# 5 win bet
Ex 5 w/ 4-8
8 , 4 w/ 5
DD 4.8 w/ , 1-5-6
Note # 6 has my w/o pattern & is 10-1
5 w/ 1-5-6-


I'll bet these blind w/out knowing odds.
Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2026, 01:30 PM   #2
Mitch44
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: The Villages, Fl.
Posts: 3,872
4th 3-6-7
on the fly , have to go.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2026, 05:05 PM   #3
Mitch44
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: The Villages, Fl.
Posts: 3,872
I'm back :
8TH 3-4=8 W
W bet 3 3 & 8
EX 3,8/2 4
EX 2-4/ 38

DD 3,8/ 3-4-6
DD 2,4/ 3-4-6

Mitch 44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2026, 05:14 PM   #4
Mitch44
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: The Villages, Fl.
Posts: 3,872
1 st Race # 5 was bet down to odds on , a terrible le bet . I would have eliminated it from consideration . That's the disadvantage of posting before the race. I watch the odds after designing a bet . I don't take any short payoffs if it beats me its not a big deal as my longer odds picks more then compensates for it.
For those wanting told how to bets , figure it out yourselves , what more to you want?
Plus I have no idea what your comfort level , or size of bankroll etc.
Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2026, 05:49 PM   #5
Mitch44
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: The Villages, Fl.
Posts: 3,872
Terrible day, nothing. That's what happens when I don't do my normal Hcp. nor know the odds prior for adjustments in picks.
A good lesson I already knew but the reinforcement of it was positive. Now back to doing what I normally do.
Very few views which is good, they didn't lose money.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2026, 07:00 PM   #6
atlasaxis
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 117
Mitch,

Honestly, this may have been one of the most educational posts in the entire discussion.

Truthfully, I would rather see a losing day with the wagers, thought process, adjustments, and follow-up explanation than a winning ticket posted afterward with no explanation of how it got there.

What you showed here was real-time thinking:
class evaluation, workout patterns, exacta structure, doubles, odds sensitivity, and then afterward explaining why the approach failed and how odds changed the equation.

That’s real gambling discussion.

In many ways, when you win you learn very little because you got paid for what you already thought you knew. It’s when you lose and then honestly analyze the race, the wager, the assumptions, and the adjustments that real learning takes place.

To me, that teaches far more than simply posting a score after the fact because people can actually follow the decision-making process from beginning to end.

Win or lose, that kind of transparency and accountability has real value and is appreciated.

Tom
atlasaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2026, 03:58 AM   #7
Mitch44
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: The Villages, Fl.
Posts: 3,872
Thanks atlasaxis:

I value my integrity and never would lie about my results. I kn0w they have long meets up there but they must have just opened. I believe it was 3 races had at least three 90 day and more layoff horses. Several over 200 days. Some even with a class edge failed to run back to previous form. Additionally 2 maiden races.

Worked these very quickly do to other commitments. Where I make my money is through analysis of the horses and race its self.

Many advise to wait for a track after open till most horses have had a race over the track. Haven't run into this but sound advice.

Not watching the odds was departmental. I.e. 1st race the 5 was bet down, had I been watching I would have changed my bet and would have had the winner. I eliminate low paying horses in my DD & EX. And when the favorite wins the payoffs don't justify the risk.
Now its back to the stock Mgt. where I make some serious money & next time I play the horses it'll be doing what I normally do.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2026, 12:24 PM   #8
cratman
cratman
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: DC area
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlasaxis View Post
Mitch,

Honestly, this may have been one of the most educational posts in the entire discussion.

Truthfully, I would rather see a losing day with the wagers, thought process, adjustments, and follow-up explanation than a winning ticket posted afterward with no explanation of how it got there.

What you showed here was real-time thinking:
class evaluation, workout patterns, exacta structure, doubles, odds sensitivity, and then afterward explaining why the approach failed and how odds changed the equation.

That’s real gambling discussion.

In many ways, when you win you learn very little because you got paid for what you already thought you knew. It’s when you lose and then honestly analyze the race, the wager, the assumptions, and the adjustments that real learning takes place.

To me, that teaches far more than simply posting a score after the fact because people can actually follow the decision-making process from beginning to end.

Win or lose, that kind of transparency and accountability has real value and is appreciated.

Tom
Agree that the specifics of the decision-making of a player with a long-time record of success is very valuable. Thanks Mitch
cratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:49 PM.