Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2026, 07:46 PM   #1
cmckeever
AlwNW2X
 
Join Date: Dec 2025
Posts: 27
New Member, No Experience

Ted told me to introduce myself. My name is Cedric McKeever, Mac for short. I’m an 83-year-old male living just outside Philadelphia, PA about 9 miles from Parx. I’m happily married for 53 years, how time flies when you are having fun. We liked to go to Atlantic City casinos, mostly Showboat, but that closes and because my wife in mobility challenged, we do not do much traveling.
I formally looked at Gulfstream and followed the experts (no bets) to see if they would make any money, but that did not work out. Somehow I came across this program. So, I really do not have any experience in handicapping horses.
I signed up in mid-December and fumbled around trying to get my feet wet. I am not the brightest bulb in the room, so I had trouble trying to learn all the abbreviations and finally stumbled on to the 4 Factor system. So here I am.
I am trying to find out how to post an attachment.

Name:  Parx 01192026 Race1 P.png
Views: 189
Size:  84.0 KB

After setting up the configuration described by Ted in his thread on the Four Factor Method (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13111), I picked out all horses with ranks of 5 or better in either ProfitLine or BRIS Prime *#8, #5, #3)

Name:  ParxThree Four Factors.png
Views: 185
Size:  45.8 KB

I then picked out the horses with Three Factors (#4, #7, #2):

Name:  Parx Three Factors.png
Views: 193
Size:  33.3 KB

Horse #1 had one factor, and the other houses (#9 and #6) had no factors.

The next step is ranking the horses. According to Ted’s instructions we start with the horses with the most factors, in this case, #8, #5, #3 all which have four factors. Since the #8 has two adjacent “1’s” I assume that it has the highest rank. Second would be the #5 horse since it has one “1” and the # 3 horse does not have any “1’s.” So, I figured the ranking would be horse #8, horse #5 and horse #3.
I moved on to the horses with Three Factors. This is where I got confused. Admittedly, horse # 4 only had three rankings, but it has 2 adjacent “1’s” and they are in the ProfitLine (PL) and BRIS Prime (BPP) columns and I thought it would be a better pick since it was the programs first pick (highlighted in red). But I stuck with the instructions and ranked the #4 after the #8, #5 and #3.
So, now I have #8, #5, #3, and #4. I really had no clue on how to pick the last two, #7 and #2. In the list with all the horses, #7 is ranked higher, and it has a blue arrow (whatever that means). Looking at “New Pace,” #7 is at the top of the list and is listed as the nuber2 late runner, #8(my leading pick) being first. In segments #7 finishes first in TS + F3. The #2 has a couple of first places; however, both had bad last races. If I had to choose, I would pick the #7.
cmckeever is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2023 USHWA Youth member Of The Year CheckMark General Discussion 11 07-13-2023 11:46 AM
Twinspires Experience Swifty0x0 General Discussion 37 12-30-2018 03:35 PM
New member. Picking the projected paceline.?? barryt Matchup Discussion 5 01-10-2014 06:54 PM
Hi from a New Member NeedForSpeed Welcome to the Sartin Methodology 9 08-23-2013 12:57 PM
Answering Mike's Question - My Learning Experience With Richie P. barb craven RDSS 14 11-26-2011 06:54 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:15 PM.