Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion Phase III/MPH, Synergism, Energy, Kgen, Entropy, Thoromation, Quad-Rater, PaceLauncher, Synthesis, Validator, Val4, Speculator, etc ...

Old 07-08-2006, 10:25 PM   #1
shoeless
Grade 1

Engen

I did the 5th race at Philly for tomorrow and ran it through Engen first.Could you please give me an analysis of the screens?
Attached Images

shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 10:27 PM   #2
shoeless
Grade 1

Here is the next screen.There seems to be some really good info on here,Im just not sure how to apply it to the race.My gut feeling is that I can get rid of cut and do and then put the rest in Energy.Anywhere in those FU'S where this program is talked about.By looking at it I feel it might be an easier way for me to get rid of horses.Jeff
Attached Images

Last edited by shoeless; 07-08-2006 at 10:33 PM.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:28 AM   #3
Rxlawyer
Grade 1

Jeff:

Personally, I do not use Engen very often. However, I think the most common use of Engen was to look at individual horses to determine abberant lines. One way to use Engen is to enter every line for a given horse to make sure you do not use an abberant line in Energy. For example, when a horse goes wire to wire the ESP type does not necessarily come up Early. So, if a horse has several E type races then you probably do not want to put in an S type race, even if the horse went wire to wire. Similarly, you do not want to put a line into Energy where the Med was too different from norm because then you will not get the true running style of the horse.

Gary
Rxlawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 06:40 AM   #4
shoeless
Grade 1

Gary,Thanks it figures I was using it wrong.Jeff
Old 04-18-2007, 02:49 PM   #5
thelyingthief
Grade 2

engen

you have to maintain profiles for energy requirements at the tracks you play to effectively utilize the engen readouts. they are raw figures obtained by dividing the velocity of the various fractions by total energy (the sum of all velocities). if you find, for instance, that no horse at your track dispenses 35% of its energy early wins with less than 31% energy remaining in the final fraction and that this horse does not show this ability, the horse is a toss.

also, engen is used to establish pars that should be used in your manual adjustment of a horse's pp line. read the prefatory material in the old yellow manual to get a handle how energy, synergy, etc. creates variants to equalize lines. doc's discussions, and schmidt's, in volumes 12-20, roughly, on the use of energy par values and their creation should help.

as an observation, you seem distracted by the myriad of tools at your disposal, rather than focusing on their application. i would suggest you settle on one program and exclude the others until you've developed an understanding of the method behind the one; once that intuition has developed, it will help you with the others. i've found, you're only muddying your waters otherwise.

Last edited by thelyingthief; 04-18-2007 at 02:51 PM.
thelyingthief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:22 PM   #6
froggy
Grade 1

Guys,

Years ago I used energy day in and day out and I hated keeping the win profiles for each track.
However I remember one horse in paticular, a shipper, that had energy numbers that matched the win profile exactly in each fraction. It paid $250 to win.
That is what was so good about ENERGY, it picked horses that know one else had.

Good luck with it. I wish I still had it today.

Froggy
froggy is offline   Reply With Quote