From the war room of "The Monkey", situation report:
Took a break after the BC but dusted off the Monkey today at Tampa. Had a great day hitting the DD for races 1 & 2 while talking to Richie Mathie to start the day off. Blew the win bet by not getting it in so cut Richie loose.
Really hit a nice one in the 7th that keyed a nice Ex ($215.60) w/ # 8 ($ 21.40) which was coming off a 105 day layoff and was tied for number 2 on BLBL but was easily separated & moved up. I used L 4.
Also had the DD in race 7 & 8 ( $122.20). In race 8 I used one of Lt1 survey tricks as my top three horses were 1,4,3, I downgraded the 3 as it was a 8yr old whose last race was a best and didn't figure him to repeat it. It came 1 3 for a $24.60 EX. BTW another 182 layoff horse won the 3rd but only paid $4.20