Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 05:14 PM   #1
trotman
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 259
DRF totally useless

If you look to Dave Litfin's analysis of the Belmont 5th June 12 not one of the horses he mentions is in the race. This rag of information will never enter any sort of conflict and heavens know this game is ripe with conflict and yet they just keep trucking along. Equibase owns the information for all PP's and results and maybe they should put an end to this long standing, mis-informing rag once and for all. If you saw how the reporting staff live high off of your dollar including the management you would drop them like a hot potato. BS all the way.
__________________
"Success consists of simply getting back up one more time than you fall"
trotman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:24 PM   #2
lenabugg
AlwNW2X
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 23
There is something wrong. one spends $100'S ON SOFTWARE AND DATA and can't make money .Back when Trackmaster had its little black BOX it worked great also focus 2000 worked and when I got RDSS it worked. Now after $$$$$$ spent you are told you need to do this and that .so if that is the case one need not buy any software.I have payed my last money to buy any software and data, don't get me wrong I'M NOT SPEAKING OF ANYONE. But something is not write if the date is not right software will not work that seems to be the case.
lenabugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:12 PM   #3
trotman
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 259
lenabugg I hear your frustration and in my opinion this whole horse racing industry their time is just about up. I could watch a race and analyse the trip and make a very good investment off of the last race. But the as DRF likes to call themselves "The Turf Authority Since 1894" is nothing but BS. I have been around this game a long time and I've sat with the lushes from DRF as they pounded down the drinks and scribbled out the next story. As for stopping the buying of software puzzles me because their is no "Black Box" and all the software out there is only a tool. IMO if you eliminate your head and let your heart/gut determine if you are in or out then that is half the battle. I honestly believe if each and every handicapper went through a detox of everything they stored in their mind and started innocent and fresh, their profit would go up, but I'll let that go because I see they are lining up for an argument.
__________________
"Success consists of simply getting back up one more time than you fall"
trotman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #4
lenabugg
AlwNW2X
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 23
trotman I thank you for your opinion .I have been going to the track for 40 years only people that really make the money are insider-info. the game is just about rock bottom now, I just fined It that on the best racing day of the year with the best horses on the track you make NO money x3 events. Getting back up one more time is OK BUT there is no fool like a old fool .I WILL KEEP MY MONEY NO MORE SOFTWARE BUYING OR DATA .GAME HAS CHANGED
lenabugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:03 PM   #5
trotman
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 259
lenabugg far be it for me to even think about changing any ones mind. If the towel flies over the ropes and into the ring for anyone, end of story. Good luck down the road.
__________________
"Success consists of simply getting back up one more time than you fall"
trotman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:27 AM   #6
Speed Figure
AlwNW3X
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 42
I haven't used the form in year's! their is no way I could ever use it and be serious about betting. It is really played out to me. If one can't change with the game it is best to stop.
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:45 PM   #7
Rverge
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: pittsburgh, now! Lancaster, CA.
Posts: 2,531
ok im just viewing the other side. one can still use the DRF if one spends the time(a long time) doing the math on turn time, beaten lghs etc. i think the software does the work in seconds instead of hours. there is also more info now in the "FORM" about trainers and other bits of info. the "public" uses it. i think its just like any software-program paper(drf-equibase) its a tool and how one uses the data is up to that person IMHO
__________________
i love every single minute of life, and, if one is lucky,then you must give it to others.
Rverge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:35 PM   #8
vderdak
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 130
If you take the numbers literally and believe they are 100% accurate then you will be disappointed but if you take the information, times and etc. as estimates, even RDSS2 numbers, than you can worth with it. I'm surprised so many people act like their wagering on cars instead of animals.
vderdak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #9
trotman
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 259
To all this post was not a question of the tools you use, it was making a point of how useless the "Turf Authority Since 1894" really is. I have been playing this game a long time and they have this aura about themselves that we are the best. For any of us, the ones who bankroll this sport there is nothing in the way of real news, it's just them flapping their lips with little or no information. This game of horse racing is like a million live wires suddenly severed and the live ends are sparking and twisting in every direction, but one day the juice will be turned off and what remains but the smoking ends, the ones who kept the game alive, us the players will wonder what happened
and the lights will be off. A bloody shame.
__________________
"Success consists of simply getting back up one more time than you fall"
trotman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #10
vderdak
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 130
They are a business like any other newspaper outfit and as long as people support them they will continue to be the way they are for themselves and their shareholders only, it's up to us as individuals to buy or not buy, I personally have not purchased a racing form for over 10 years, I see no added value in the form that I can not get for free elsewhere.
vderdak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Exceptions To The Rule - How Deep Can You Go? partsnut Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 15 11-10-2011 01:09 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 PM.