Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS - 'Learn to Win' *TEACHING & Examples > 2012 RDSS Learn to Win Contests > October Contest
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

October Contest Enter your selections and SCREEN SHOTS and explanations here. Please start a new Thread with your User Name as Title

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 03:32 PM   #71
pktruckdriver
Grade 1
 
pktruckdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saratoga Springs
Posts: 1,547
October 21, 10 days till the 31st and 3 races left.

Can I get even with only 3 races left and down 740.00 under break even mark, well of course I can if I wait and wait and wait for the right race to come by and then pounce upon it like any carnivorous animal aquiring his dinner. Sorry if any Vegans were insulted in that remark, but winning this months Contest is highly doubtful , but 1 thing any one should take from this is to not allow a terrible losing streak to get you discouraged in any way, please, if you remember anything , remember that, ask others, they'll tell you , like Rmath, he too has some losing streaks, Bill V, thou we see very few of them, which is what happens when we get bettter and better, Doc does comment on losing streaks, and I think Bill posted here about it, once, maybe he will repost it again, but I think it had something to do about 3 losses in a row, then maybe a break is needed, not a hiatus, just a day or so, and do not start doubting your method, as it has worked before and will work again, some adjusting maybe, sure, why not, but basically when you have something that you are comfy with and has made you profits before, stick with it, and bear out the losing streaks with little doubt or emotional stress, and if you do you are on the right path to better days of horse playing, at least emotionally, and maybe fincially too.

This is my daily teaching for the day, no Follow up screen shots, I think people may be tired of them by now, if not then just say so and I will keep doing them and posting them to remind us of Doc's greatness and his team of Capper's who were there with him.

Rmath stated to me once I believe, he knew and met Doc and the gang at his seminars, I never had that priviledge, but it would be nice of them to post about Doc and Jim and the gang, tell us about how they were, as I am told Ol Jim had the best One Liners around, as well as being a great teacher, he was a better person, like so many here are now, or strifing to be. I just thought a word here and then, would be great in this format, stating picking this horse reminds me when Doc or Jim explained to me about , "this or that", and it still holds true today.

Well let me say congrats to the current leaders this month, I have slacked off been out of the last few months, trying new things, just a little, where, I am a W/P bettor, this contest has me readjusting a few wagering strategies and seeing how they will do, and they are not helping me, actually they took me uout of my comfort zone, and well I have not done too well, and I think I will be a little more focused, if possible, as I only download a card or 2 a day, and need to wait for the race to play , instead of forcing 2-4 or more races that I play , races , I may have not played real money on, but had contest on my mind and it shows, for this I apologize, yet, I was very close many times, and if wagered like sometimes do, I'd be happier, and some what , a little bit more profitable, as sometimes a show price pays well enough to profit with, and place bets too, but nothing pays better than a win bet, and the feeling of having picked the winner, it always gives me a small pleasure knowing I found the winner thru the program and my supposedley sound decision making ! What about you when you bet 1 horse and it wins, and pays above 8.00 , for me I am very proud, proud that I learned from the method and it works, yet it also loses too, and bottom line is roll with it when they come.

patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #72
pktruckdriver
Grade 1
 
pktruckdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saratoga Springs
Posts: 1,547
We have a manual that gives us what we need , the info necessary to pick better pacelines, and make winning choices. I have seen so many ways to pick lines, all various ways, some even going back past 365 days, even after a long lay-off, other go 6-9 lines deep looking for the line for todays current conditions, and this manual will help you take another look into your selection process, even thou I am still varying mine according to track and race type and class, and then other tracks, it is last line only, and yet even others could be best of last 3 comparable, if possible.

Question, am I doing too much and maybe should be focusing more on just the tracks that allow me to use last lines only , or pass the race, period. Yet doing this has been good, but it does not give the bigger hits that the other selection processes give you.

What do you think?
Attached Images
 
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #73
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
Pace lines

Patrick

I would not put so much pressure on finding the right
way to pick pacelines and which tracks are best to use the last line only

I follow this advice from the Dynamics manual
The trick is consistantly

Name:  my tidbit.PNG
Views: 339
Size:  60.2 KB
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:37 PM   #74
pktruckdriver
Grade 1
 
pktruckdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saratoga Springs
Posts: 1,547
belmont race 1 10/24

50 win on 6 and 8 if odds stay above 3-1 , otherwise , cancel, is this ok?
Attached Images
 
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:02 PM   #75
pktruckdriver
Grade 1
 
pktruckdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saratoga Springs
Posts: 1,547
belmont race 1 10/24 results

Winner Winner chicken dinner a 11.00 win , another bluestar
Attached Images
 
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:48 PM   #76
rmath
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,676
Patrick

Congratulations on the blue star winner.
May you have many more
rmath
rmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:09 PM   #77
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
way to go Patrick

Solid Blue Star

Name:  Pat 8.PNG
Views: 310
Size:  92.6 KB
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #78
pktruckdriver
Grade 1
 
pktruckdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saratoga Springs
Posts: 1,547
Let me say thank you Gentlemen, looking hard for 2 more, am I right to believe that this month when your 20 is over you are over, that if you do 21 -24 they would replace your 1-4 races you did, as in previous month's, or not ?? Just asking?

patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #79
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by pktruckdriver View Post
Let me say thank you Gentlemen, looking hard for 2 more, am I right to believe that this month when your 20 is over you are over, that if you do 21 -24 they would replace your 1-4 races you did, as in previous month's, or not ?? Just asking?

patrick
No Patrick

We are going with just 20 races this month

Once you do your 20 race cycle the month is complete

This is as per the Official October contest rules

Name:  1 20.PNG
Views: 780
Size:  23.2 KB

Last edited by Bill V.; 10-24-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:40 PM   #80
pktruckdriver
Grade 1
 
pktruckdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saratoga Springs
Posts: 1,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill V. View Post
No Patrick

We are going with just 20 races this month

Once you do your 20 race cycle the month is complete

This is as per the Official October contest rules

Attachment 31110
Thanks Bill, for quick response, that means I must be very vigilant for my last few races.

patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pktruckdriver Sept. pktruckdriver September Contest 17 09-20-2012 02:59 PM
Betting Practice Case Example - Pktruckdriver Ted Craven July Contest 13 07-29-2012 03:28 PM
Pktruckdriver pktruckdriver July Contest 29 07-27-2012 12:37 PM
Pktruckdriver pktruckdriver June Contest 31 06-29-2012 10:15 PM
Pktruckdriver thread pktruckdriver May - Practice 3 05-29-2012 10:27 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:23 PM.