Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2011, 08:14 PM   #2
chris
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Richfield, MN
Posts: 182
Farigrounds turf race (continuted)

And now a straight forward approach.

COMPLETED: 08577514857992 FG #6 Place 5
COMPLETED: 72268171218599 FG #6 Win 2,5

Race #6 was a prelimary allowance on the turf. What I didn't mention in my earlier post is that I let the race and more importantly, my experience, inform how I'll handicapp the race. This one looked straight forward to me. Best of the last three races, same surface and distance if possible. Again RDSS in VAL4, and horses 5 and 2 came out well; 1st and 3rd respectively. The 2 was 7 years old and a little long in the tooth to be contesting a preliminary allowance contest but blinkers were added last race and he did improve.

So I believed, and bet those two horses to win. Though I did go back and place bet the 5 when I peaked at the odds board and saw 22-1.

Guess who won?

His running line of 25.2/5, 51.2/5, 117.1/5 & 140.3/5 with a DRF variant of 20 for a mile race put off most handicappers, however incremental velocity and deceleration had him on top. I point to turf races because the odds don't deviate much from the morning line, and I can make bets in advance and get on with my life.

Regards,
Chris
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Limits of the Methodology?/ Cheap races BJennet General Discussion 77 06-12-2020 04:25 AM
MatchUP intuition is "Primary", MatchUP mathematics is "Corollary"/Secondary VoodooFan Matchup Discussion 41 02-27-2011 03:05 PM
The Match-Up After Six Months mamojica Matchup Discussion 4 10-04-2009 10:53 PM
Saturday Collective/ Positional on the lead projected pace races RichieP Matchup Discussion 92 06-07-2009 04:39 PM
val4 or spec160 stormbringer RDSS 11 08-04-2008 06:45 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:43 AM.