|
|
|
|
|||||||
| Google Site Search | Get RDSSGet RDSS | Sartin Library | RDSS FAQs | Conduct | Register | Site FAQ | Members List | Today's Posts | Search |
| RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
#31 |
|
The egg man
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
|
And in the End
So one of you "Had to laugh" when I said
There are no right or wrong answers Thank you Ted and everybody for all your input It was very entertaining and helped me |
|
|
|
|
#32 |
|
Match Up Apprentice
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,105
|
I don't think there can be a right way Bill because horses are not machines and horse races are not mechanical processes as stated.
Look at the PP of the horse you posted and you'll see different POR's, different Positions and different Speedfigures. But most important i think you see a horse reacting differently to the PACE OF THE RACE. Aoto selection of Line 1 may be totally irrelevant, so may the use of best of last 3 and every other automated Paceline selection process all because of TODAYS Pace of Race Match Up.
__________________
"To me, The Match Up supercedes everything" Last edited by Charlie D; 09-25-2010 at 01:25 AM. |
|
|
|
|
#33 |
|
Match Up Apprentice
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,105
|
What were those books called, was it PACE makes the Race, The Race is PACE???
PACE = rate of movement, the rate of movement impacts the energy distribution of horse and horses. This impacts final time, finishing position and beaten lengths. Good titles for books about horse racing imho.
__________________
"To me, The Match Up supercedes everything" Last edited by Charlie D; 09-25-2010 at 01:48 AM. |
|
|
|
|
#34 | |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,292
|
Quote:
The least you could do is NOT quote me out of context. What I said was, "I have to laugh at the phrase “there is no right or wrong”. While one may subscribe to that line of thought, there is also the thought, “you can either win or you can lose”. It’s like playing Blackjack. How can you tell someone who consistently hits their “16” against the dealers “6” that what they are doing is wrong? It’s their money isn’t it? They can do whatever they want, right? But you know they will lose in the end."
__________________
"It's suppose to be hard. If it was easy, everybody would do it." Jimmy Dugan, A League of Their Own |
|
|
|
|
|
#35 |
|
Match Up Apprentice
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,105
|
Just another thought and Ted can remove if he wants because it's Off topic.
If TODAYS Pace of Race has such a massive impact on the outcome of a race. It should follow that Track Profiles are a waste of time and energy as they are irrelevant to TODAYS race. Maybe thats why The Hat didn't seem to bother with them. Anyway. Good skill i'll catch up with you all later.
__________________
"To me, The Match Up supercedes everything" |
|
|
|
|
#36 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,678
|
I find it interesting that even if we were to examine all of the horses in this particular race, the question of which line to use for "Galan Fete" will never be answered or necessary - as Mike mentioned earlier, the horse was scratched.
May I suggest that perhaps a similar exercise be offered with a race that has yet to occur, where we can at least be able to double-check whether the one line picked (which is different than which lines were considered to determine the one used) was somewhat properly predictive? Not necessarily as whether one had the winner, but whether one accurately assessed the pace of the race. Last edited by clore1030; 09-25-2010 at 06:46 AM. |
|
|
|
|
#37 | |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
|
Quote:
Go figure. It just works. As does the visual Match Up, for those who can apply it. This is the RDSS Forum. RDSS can use a fairly automated paceline selection strategy outlined by Doc in later Follow Ups and various variations thereof. RDSS is also the way Richie presented almost all of the Match Up teaching material in the Hat Check Forum, with Jim Bradshaw's blessing. The colour coding, Tandem presentation, moves against the pace, etc. And more to come. I'm away for 3 days. Please everyone play nice in the meantime... ![]() Ted
__________________
RDSS - Racing Decision Support System™ |
|
|
|
|
|
#38 |
|
The egg man
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
|
Winners auto pacelines
From Doc running on automation
From inside back cover of Follow Up 71 |
|
|
|
|
#39 | |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
|
Quote:
That sounds like a great idea! You could start one, or I will in a few days when I get back. Ted
__________________
RDSS - Racing Decision Support System™ |
|
|
|
|
|
#40 |
|
Grade 3
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 68
|
paceline
I pretty much do as this post says. For me it simplifies picking the paceline because what I have found is if I don't have a consistent method I start "outguessing" myself on what line to use. There are times I get so wound up in the right paceline I never get the race handicapped. The race runs and I am still sitting there debating if I am using the correct line or not. The only thing I have noticed in these threads is not much is talked about for qualified workouts. I use 90 days unless there has been a qualified workout.
DaveS |
|
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Howard was ahead of his time | Tim Y | General Discussion | 31 | 09-30-2009 03:04 PM |
| How Important is TIME? | For The Lead | RDSS | 3 | 09-24-2009 10:46 PM |
| Time | Bill V. | General Discussion | 0 | 08-07-2009 05:24 AM |
| Beaten by a Nose, 85% of the time, Why? | pktruckdriver | General Discussion | 24 | 07-01-2009 09:09 AM |
| Time to Pause/Recharge! | Ted Craven | RDSS | 0 | 12-30-2008 05:33 PM |
|