Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2009, 05:09 AM   #5
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
run

Hi Ted

Quote:
The distance equalization differential between 12f and 10f it about 6.0 seconds per half furlong (i.e. an extracted 10f race from a 12f race will be sped up less per half furlong than at shorter distances using about 6.2 seconds per half furlong, because late segments of such marathons are being run a lot slower).
I'm confused I used 6.2 when I looked to get a 9.5 furlong time
from the 12.0 furlong time I had

The old Sartin saying "If you don't have the tools you need use the tools you have"

I subtracted 6.2 from the final time of 231.2 = 225.0 for 11.5 furlongs
I did this again and again till I worked down to 9.5 furlongs


If I read what you wrote correctly why would I minus 6.0 if the
half furlongs probably get slower at such a long distance
if any change was made shouldn't the per half furlong time be
6.3 or 6.4 ?

Any comments on how Doc's and Trackmasters Normalized Equalized and Adjusted SR of 72 handled Richards 12 furlong race
Attached Images
 

Last edited by Bill V.; 09-10-2009 at 05:17 AM.
Bill V. is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:48 PM.