|
|
|
|
|||||||
| Google Site Search | Get RDSSGet RDSS | Sartin Library | RDSS FAQs | Conduct | Register | Site FAQ | Members List | Today's Posts | Search |
| Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
#21 |
|
Grade 3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 50
|
Thank you all. I'll follow your ideas and work with them to try to get a better feel to how best to work with this concept.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#22 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saratoga Springs
Posts: 1,547
|
Hey Bob
I been away a bit , but it was nice to see that , even though this site is very "Prim and Proper", which is a good thing , it was nice to see someone with that " Killer instinct ", but I have a few questions if you do not mind, please? It seems that you play very few races a day, and may go a few days without a play, great discipline and worth noting, as my discipline is still being aquired, but lets not stay focused here, Do you have a win percentage on these ,"Single Hammer Wagers", when you actually play them? Also is there an average muteul return, or do you keep those records, just curious? It seems that to play your wagers it is about 100.00 per race , if you do this The crush would be assembled in this manner. $2 win/place #6 $2 exacta key-box #6 w 1-4-7-9 = $16 $1 tri key #6 w 1-4-7-9 with 1-4-7-9 = $12 $1 tri key 1-4-7-9 with #6 with 1-4-7-9 = $12 $1 super #6 with 1-4-7-9 with 1-4-7-9 with 1-4-7-9 = $24 $1 super 1-4-7-9 with #6 with 1-4-7=9 with 1-4-7-9 = $24 That is not an unsually high amount , considering that I used to play Pick 4 and Pick 3, and could easily spend 100 a race, except I went horizontal instead of vertical, but spent the same and lose a lot, and yet would always have 1-2 if not 3 out of 4 horses and that would include my odds horse most of the time, and would definetly like to try sweeping the vertical wagers of a race, I think it would be a great boost to my confidence to hit 1-2 of these a week. Bob I have a few more questions , but will hold them for later and see if you'd be willing to answer them, as I can get real inquisitive and have been trying to keep this passion from becoming too much too soon, patience and practice are my newly aquired traits that I got from this board, which I like very much. Again thanks for your post Bob. Many many winning days wished your way Patrick http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyYZUhSeRYc |
|
|
|
|
|
#23 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 329
|
PKtruckdriver
Hello Patrick.
Yes i keep records Patrick, but i don't discuss avg. mutuel for obvious reasons. As I stated in the original CORA wagering plan. i like $10 exacta key-boxes my win-place bets are higher than $2, and my 'crush" hit rate is about 1 out of 4. My stats are really not important because you may handicap entirely different from myself. Your stats will be based on how well you keep records and know the strengths and weaknesses of the tracks at which you wager. You definitely have to know, what it takes energy-wise, to win at a given track. Crushing a race is great, but because you fail to "crush it" doesn't mean there was no profit from the race. The goal is to make a profit in the race. The starting bankroll depends on the individual's working capital, and the ability to stay within one's "comfort zone" will maintain the bankroll . The only way to validate any wagering plan is through "your" work and record keeping. good luck Patrick Bob C
|
|
|
|
|
|
#24 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saratoga Springs
Posts: 1,547
|
Yes sir , I noticed that question was too personal after reading it, I guess my new found skills here need to be practiced plenty before crushing things anytime soon, though on paper I will be crushing away, 3-1 or higher, not much different than Doc's suggestion or Jim's and anyone else here, and like I nailed the 7th race at Del Mar on July 23rd and the payouts would made my year, or halve it anyway..
Win 46.40 Place 17.80 1.00 Exacta 153.80 1.00 Tri 1,852.40 1.00 super 12,642.60 That would been a crush to savor, and a horse I would have done so with, it stood out that much, even in my short time here, that horse beckoned me to bet him, you ever get that here, I guess that will become more prevalant here, as time goes by... Again thanks and good luck Sir patrick |
|
|
|
|
|
#25 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 329
|
Patrick
Man , that was some kind of payoff. If you played the one race for the day,
and collected on all levels, that's a days work. nice hit Patrick; continued success BOB C
|
|
|
|
|
|
#26 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saratoga Springs
Posts: 1,547
|
Yes sir it would've been nice if Iplayed your CORA, but only had 10 to win, still okay as it came in handy for me, but I can see where your way only needs one really good hit and plenty of profit for sure, probally the most coverage for your money.
Did you have the AP 9th race you put up, if so you'd have had a hit almost like mine above,as you did very well, the exacta and tri, no super, but the other 2 paid very well. Patrick |
|
|
|
|
|
#27 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 329
|
Hi Patrick. Yes , i had the 9th at AP. The idea behind the "chaos races" was to
indicate the profitibility of races whether you pick the winner or not. There is money to make at several layers in a race. The less predictable a race becomes, the higher the odds. You won't catch them all, but you don't have to. also read my comments on the #1 horse in the summation. Would you thorw this horse out entirely going for the super ? again, nice wagering on your part Patrick. Bob C
|
|
|
|
|
|
#28 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saratoga Springs
Posts: 1,547
|
I see then that the ole 4 horse underneath is not written in stone, if you must add another then do so , but only if you are comfortable with it $$ wise that is, do you ever all the 3rd or 4th spot in the super, or do you always eliminate a few horses easily enough, thus saving some wager monies?
I do so love the concept,and would love to learn more, any time any where, and thanks again, as my wager for my free 25.00 scratched, so I decided why noy try yours , thanks , you spoke so highly of it and had such confidence I figured why not CORA, now to learn about OTE, lone speedster's or such, my wortk is cut out for me,where do I start?? patrick |
|
|
|
|
|
#29 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 329
|
Patrick
What i normally do when preparing a wager is try to decide how many layers
with how many horses. 7 horses total is the norm. After eliminating down to 5 i figure which one will run no worse than 2nd, i add on according to running style and the median energy #'s. If it is determined the race will run Early, i use OTE's in the 3rd and 4th slot If it is determined the race will run OTE, i use the best Earlys in the 3rd and 4th slot. This is easier to do in the better races, and more complicated in the cheaper races. Bob C
|
|
|
|
|
|
#30 |
|
Grade 1
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saratoga Springs
Posts: 1,547
|
Bob
You make this sound so easy and simple, where have I been all these years, I came here to learn how to figure out the pace of the race, to find how the race would set-up and who would be where at the end of it, and not so much the winner, but knowing which 2 have the ability today to win, and you have it narrowed down a little further. Your logic as Spock would say is "pure delight " to my ears, like when she said yes for the 1st time feeling, it can be that simple can't it? Now my mission/job/homework , what ever I call it, is to learn how to distuingish what you stated above, Early's and OTE's , and Median Energy's and find out if I have a race that fits the profile we are looking for, which is , Chaos races, is it ?? Value Races ?? Man so many questions , but let me keep it simple here, by the BOB, this is great stuff thank you, it gives me a focused approach to this game, and then with CORA to slam the door on it, and do so with so much confidence, that feeling must be great, risk versus reward, but the more we know of the risk the easier it is to deal with and adjust to it, there fore almost eliminating the Risk, beautiful and simple, wow... Patrick |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Wagering when the stars align in 2009 | RichieP | General Discussion | 26 | 03-09-2009 05:42 PM |
| Pick Three Betting Strategy | Turbulator | Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum | 9 | 09-07-2008 07:07 PM |
|