Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2008, 02:35 PM   #9
MIKE1121
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 131
I assumed that the reference to Mr. Brohammers positioning refers to a horses running stlye . My positioning refers to the placement which I see each horse being in relation to the field.I am not concerned with running styles( exception need to leads) like seperating pressers from sustain, for ME it is more beneficial to see that a horse I am looking at will as an example be in 4th position at an ESTIMATED 5 beaten lenghts( Zone 5), with 2 horses in zone 1( front of race) and 1 horse in zone2( the 10 foot area behind zone 1).With zones 3 and 4 empty.


Yes a faster pace may mean a horse will not be as close position wise but it may not... At random I opened yesterdays breeders cup pps for the classic.. looking at #1. Go Between

His first call beaten lengths..
9 1/4,,,3,,,3.5,,,13,,,11,,3.75 ,,,2.5,,,8.25,,,4.5,,,3,,,2.5,,,3


These beaten lenghts are against all different fractional times sometimes as you can see a horse will be further back when he runs against a faster pace, but not always... This is why positioning is mostly ART and not science( well it is for MY VERSION).


Do horses run against the clock or against each other, for some horses their position is determined by time i.e. they just run the same times over and over again, for many others they will adjust their position to keep themselves with the other horses. This is evident by a eye ball scan.


All I can say is it works for me, since I have been doing this I get more overlays than I ever got in the past. Maybe the reason is that I have seperated myself from the crowd, I don't know. If it aint broke don't fix it.

Mike.
MIKE1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:11 PM.