Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2008, 09:40 PM   #1
grahors
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 104
Hiding the ML

I have recently started hiding the ML when I handicap a race. I do check the tote with a min or two to post and if my choice is 5/2 or less, I PASS.
I wish I had done this many moons ago.
WHY....I found that when my picks hovered around the favorites in a race, I would try harder to find fault with my own picks and try to BEAT the favorite. Most of the time I would come up with wierd ideas why the favorite could be beat..ie trainer only %10 win rate, etc...you get the idea.
By not using ML...I don't invent ways to beat myself.
If the horse is legit..PASS at low odds.
WORKS FOR ME.
Cecil
grahors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:42 AM   #2
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
Good morning Cecil
Jim told me to do the same soon after we started working together. Takes a bit of getting used to but after a while it is cool.
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!"
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:32 AM   #3
grahors
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 104
Discipline is very tuff......always like to have ( and cash) a ticket in my hand when the gate opens. Just watching a race is beautiful and fullfilling..I watch TVG at home and no wager or capping %99 of the time. BUT, if I am live at the races for fun, tuff to pass a race.
grahors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:32 AM   #4
dcox
Avid Student
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Lone Star Park (50 miles)
Posts: 50
I have to fight the temptation to handicap the race, usually involving what paceline to use.
__________________
Good luck and good handicapping!
dcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hiding Horses Why? JimG General Discussion 5 07-05-2007 12:40 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:25 PM.