Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS 1: Bug Reports
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS 1: Bug Reports Historical Bug problems and solutions for the first version of RDSS (through V0.99.2)

Old 11-29-2007, 09:22 AM   #11
Buzz
AlwNW3X

Ran the upgrade again. Same error and message. Checked for the XceedZip.dll. Its is not in the RDSS folder.

Buzz
Old 11-29-2007, 09:26 AM   #12
Buzz
AlwNW3X

can you send me the dll and I will move it to the RDSS folder?
Old 11-29-2007, 09:31 AM   #13
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Buzz,

Will do in a moment, but this is not a solution for others who may run into the same problem. That XceedZIP.dll file (the ZIP tool) is absolutely a part of the normal Install (else everyone would be complaining about its absence), and the solution to this unusual case is to uninstall and reinstall the Full Install.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 11-29-2007, 09:59 AM   #14
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Doh!

Buzz and everyone,

In our conversation you helped me solve this problem.

My bad - if you downloaded and installed the Update (rather than the Full Install), you will get this problem and the ZIP tool and thus the Data Center will not work! I forgot to include the ZIP tool in the Update Install package

I fixed that and the Update Install download now works. Anyone who was experiencing any error messages re ZIP or Converting files in the Data Center should do the Update Download again and install that.

If you downloaded the Full Install, you would not have experienced this problem.

So sorry for that omission. Life in the fast lane...

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 11-29-2007, 10:19 AM   #15
socantra
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Robert,

As I've said, I will continue to work on getting a good print out collection for you with as much flexibility as possible. I don't see making an export file such that it could be read by the BRIS PP generator. Rather, I'd like to make the RDSS PP generator as good or better than the BRIS one, though I appreciate that BRIS (or is it TwinSpires) provides some extra data which some find useful (and others find less so).
Ted,

Trackmaster provides a utility for printing out past performances. It is much less sophisticated than the BRIS and TSN past performance generator, but it will do a decent printout of the past performance, with Trackmaster speed ratings and variants included. It does work with the Trackmaster *.exe past performance file. Is RDSS going to keep producing that file when the new data file comes on line?

Barring the Trackmaster software, Robert, I might suggest that you start using the TSN data files for your printouts. The past performance generator for TSN is identical to that for BRIS, and the data files are very similar. The speed rating is slightly different, and the data file lacks the BRIS power rating and the DRF SR/TV. The advantage? TSN data files are $.50 as opposed to $1.00 for the BRIS files.

Dick...
Old 11-29-2007, 10:33 AM   #16
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Dick,

I just tried the old TRK32 TrackMaster program but I never use it and it crapped out before I got to specify any file to try to print. I used to use it years ago and it did an OK job, as you mention. I think they are replacing that very soon with something modern.

I suspect though that the EXE files RDSS creates for use with Val or Spec will NOT work with TrackMaster's PP printing program as we left a few components out of the new files which were never used by any Sartin software. If anyone can try it and report back, I'd like to know, for the record.

I intend to create a print out facility for RDSS at least as good as that old one provided by TrackMaster, and hopefully a lot better.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 11-29-2007, 11:19 AM   #17
mufasa
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by socantra View Post
Ted,

...Barring the Trackmaster software, Robert, I might suggest that you start using the TSN data files for your printouts. The past performance generator for TSN is identical to that for BRIS, and the data files are very similar. The speed rating is slightly different, and the data file lacks the BRIS power rating and the DRF SR/TV. The advantage? TSN data files are $.50 as opposed to $1.00 for the BRIS files.

Dick...
Dick, thanks for the info. I am registered both with TSN and Bris. Paying the extra buck right now seems reasonable since I use much of the information that Bris offers for pace line evaluation, especilly the DRF SR/TV and their Prime Power numbers. The PP Generator is a great printing tool and not easily duplicated I must assume.

Robert
Old 11-29-2007, 11:36 AM   #18
socantra
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
I just tried the old TRK32 TrackMaster program but I never use it and it crapped out before I got to specify any file to try to print.

I intend to create a print out facility for RDSS at least as good as that old one provided by TrackMaster, and hopefully a lot better.

Ted
Oh Yeah. I forgot about the constant crashing. I finally got it to where it would work most of the time if I held my mouth just right and didn't confuse it. Its nice to know that they are finally going to replace it now that I won't be getting the file anymore. I've been requesting it regularly for six years or so.

I have complete faith that you can outdo Trackmaster's old software by many, many miles. I have yet to see though any evidence that you are able to produce that lovable quirkiness and random failure at just the most frustrating moment.

Dick...

Last edited by socantra; 11-29-2007 at 11:38 AM.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:39 AM   #19
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by socantra View Post
I have yet to see though any evidence that you are able to produce that lovable quirkiness and random failure at just the most frustrating moment.
I save the random failures mostly for new updates...

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 11-29-2007, 12:15 PM   #20
davesnew
Grade 3

Ted,
Just watched the video and did some downloads and everything went very smootly. A really great enhancement to the program.
Dave