Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion Phase III/MPH, Synergism, Energy, Kgen, Entropy, Thoromation, Phase I, Quad-Rater, PaceLauncher, Synthesis, Validator, Val4, Speculator, etc ...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2026, 04:51 PM   #11
Lt1
Grade 1
 
Lt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Valley Stream NY
Posts: 11,452
I try to stay to the best of the last 3[within 1 fur surface & dist[as much as possible but have no problem going back as far as line 10 if I have justification. It is a matter pf having confidence in your process.
Tim
__________________
Trust but verify
Lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2026, 06:23 PM   #12
shoeless
Grade 1
 
shoeless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,640
Thanks LT 1 for adding some fuel to the fire, much appreciated

Thanks Mike and Dan for continuing the discussion
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2026, 03:21 PM   #13
shoeless
Grade 1
 
shoeless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,640
LT1

I could not go back as far as line 10 as chances are slim that
it would be predictive to what the horse could do today.


Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2026, 03:32 PM   #14
Lt1
Grade 1
 
Lt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Valley Stream NY
Posts: 11,452
Jeff I don't do it that all that often but I have no problem doing it when I can justify it. It is like anything else if you have the bankroll and the confidence to do it it doesn't worry one to take a shot now and then. No one should ever go out of their comfort zone when picking pls or placing bets.
Tim
__________________
Trust but verify
Lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2026, 03:41 PM   #15
DanBoals
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt1 View Post
Jeff I don't do it that all that often but I have no problem doing it when I can justify it. It is like anything else if you have the bankroll and the confidence to do it it doesn't worry one to take a shot now and then. No one should ever go out of their comfort zone when picking pls or placing bets.
Tim
I never went to a Sartin seminar, but my Dad went to several. He said it was not unusual for one of the teaching members to go way back to get a paceline and often they would win because of it.

I think the people who like LT1 says, have a reason to go that far back, are probably smart to... it is a gutsy move, but if your records show you are okay doing it, I don't see why you would not.

I think the best thing about records is they show what you are successful doing and what you are not. Hard to argue with the numbers. I look forward to the next release and hopefully we will have even better recording tools.
DanBoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2026, 05:21 PM   #16
MJS6916
Grade 1
 
MJS6916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 440
Jeff,

In my 634 race study (non-maidens dirt & turf),
here's what I have for BL/BL.

In 7 horse fields 25%+ of your winners will score 20.5 or better,

and 85%+ of your winners will score 7.5 or better.

Special note: These were run WITHOUT designating main, secondary, and non-contenders.

Mike
Attached Images
 
__________________
just keeping my trajectory in the positive

http://sartinmethodology.com/pubs/RD...d_Glossary.pdf

Last edited by MJS6916; 07-08-2026 at 05:26 PM. Reason: added comment about contender categories
MJS6916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2026, 05:35 PM   #17
MJS6916
Grade 1
 
MJS6916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 440
Same study.

Again no secondary or non-contender categories.

I could only get 2 win% columns for VDC,
which made any sense, instead of the 4 I could do for BL/BL.

I use the 100% DTV adjustment,
so those who use 50% are likely to
see smaller numbers.

Mike
Attached Images
 
__________________
just keeping my trajectory in the positive

http://sartinmethodology.com/pubs/RD...d_Glossary.pdf
MJS6916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2026, 05:50 PM   #18
Lt1
Grade 1
 
Lt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Valley Stream NY
Posts: 11,452
Hi Dan. I attended over a dozen seminars from Saratoga to Vegas. I was fortune enough to hang out with Doc, Hat and a bunch of teaching members in the bar after the day was over as well as having 1 on1 dinners with several different teaching members. Learned a heck of lot during that time especially from the East Coast folks who played the tracks I did at the time. As Doc use the say the light bulb finally came on for me after 8 yrs of floundering, Now we have this site where folks who wanting to learn can ask questions either in public or by PMS. Let us continue the tradition of helping each other win.
Tim

tIM
__________________
Trust but verify
Lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2026, 06:02 PM   #19
MJS6916
Grade 1
 
MJS6916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 440
No one asked, but here.

Same study, last screenshot today.

In 8 horse fields, 50%+ of the winners
will be no greater than 6/1 odds
according to Profit Line;

and about the same 50%+ will
score 16 or better in Rx3.

Mike
Attached Images
 
__________________
just keeping my trajectory in the positive

http://sartinmethodology.com/pubs/RD...d_Glossary.pdf
MJS6916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2026, 10:26 AM   #20
pianoman
AlwNW3X
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 44
Thumbs up

Hello Jeff & Dan and to others. I think the Pace Line manual and also Pizzolla LASST are good places to start. Yes, Pizzolla took his methods from Sartin. No problem as if you read the foreword he wrote it. If you read a couple of pages later, Sartin stressed intuition. The manual and tapes were for those of us where the paceline(s) didn’t jump off the page.
pianoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Paceline Selection - some observation Jeebs Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) 16 04-04-2017 04:19 PM
Question on Paceline Selection - DMR0828 R2 kpmats10 Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) 5 09-09-2016 08:29 AM
Paceline Selection Ted Craven RDSS 4 01-27-2011 01:41 PM
Paceline Selection Strategies Ted Craven RDSS 5 09-30-2010 01:48 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:44 PM.