Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Selections
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Selections Post Your Picks - 1 race or a card

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2026, 12:36 PM   #11
cratman
cratman
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: DC area
Posts: 111
Inspirational again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch44 View Post
Summary
Number of Bets
24
Win Percentage
41.67%
ROI
295.74%
Wagered
$944.50
Payoff
$3,737.75
Profit/Loss
$2,793.25

Mitch44 "The Monkey"
Very impressive. Thanks for sharing.
cratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2026, 06:00 PM   #12
Mitch44
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: The Villages, Fl.
Posts: 3,872
Jeff,
I once read that if you can get 35% your an expert. I thought that doesn't make sense when favorite's win about 33%. Seldom do i not have the winner in my top 3. Most races only have 3 real contenders, some 2 and some 4.If I don't have the winner in my top 3 its a maiden race or a 3 year old race. Or the horse was just un getable by normal Hcp.
I don't even think about win rate. What I have found out is bottom line,. did you make a profit.
Once I'm ahead I increase my bets however I go home a winner even if its $1.00. I have left tracks dead broke without a $1.00 in my pocket. Terrible feeling . Even leaving with a dollar I'm a winner and there is positive reinforcement behind that.
Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2026, 06:01 PM   #13
Mitch44
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: The Villages, Fl.
Posts: 3,872
Thanks cratman.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2026, 07:01 PM   #14
The Pook
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Loretto, Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,796
Thanks guys,

Pook
__________________
"A fool and his money are soon parted"
The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2026, 09:08 PM   #15
darmar
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Maple Ridge, B.C. Canada
Posts: 3,627
Sorry for the late response to the thread, rough times for me these days, but I just wanted to express my big congratulations to both Mitch and Mike on your outstanding days effort and justified rewards. You are both super 'cappers who leave nothing behind when you step up to play.
Darryl
darmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2026, 08:56 AM   #16
The Pook
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Loretto, Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,796
Thanks Darryl.

Pook
__________________
"A fool and his money are soon parted"
The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2026, 01:11 PM   #17
shoeless
Grade 1
 
shoeless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,640
Thanks, Mitch good advice

Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2026, 03:49 PM   #18
dadams6357
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Downers Grove, Il
Posts: 529
Mitch
Thanks for the analysis of the bet.
And posting all of your bets.
Great handicapping.
Don
dadams6357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2026, 05:01 PM   #19
Mitch44
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: The Villages, Fl.
Posts: 3,872
Thanks Darrel , wishing you better health.
Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2026, 05:17 PM   #20
Mitch44
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: The Villages, Fl.
Posts: 3,872
Thanks Don,
My analysis was correct. I couldn't put the winner in my top 4 but looking for an upset I could use him in my P3 & P4 which I did.

Personally I couldn't believe the horses odds as it should have paid twice that IMO. I guess the stable sent it in. Couldn't bet it to win or anything else.

I design my P3 & P4 to include him, and wasn't going to let him beat me. Fast track & fast horse . As I said in my comments , they can drastically change from one race to another. They finally get it. Also connections finically got him also . He just wants to get out there and run. His class showed in this as he had plenty left for stretch drive as the #1 folded from the pressure.

Thanks Don hope you got something to take away from my posts. Best of luck.

Mitch44 AKA "The Monkey"
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Preakness Thread (Early and Late) CheckMark Selections 7 05-19-2019 11:28 AM
Preakness - Belmont Final times Bill V. General Discussion 6 05-20-2017 10:38 PM
Ky Dby Postmortem = Preakness Outlook omar General Discussion 2 05-20-2017 04:21 AM
Preakness New Shooters trotman General Discussion 0 05-19-2012 08:40 AM
Preakness - Post race For The Lead General Discussion 6 05-19-2009 01:14 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:18 PM.