Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Races of Interest
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Races of Interest *Detailed* Discussion of Races – Screen shots, decisions, post-mortems

Old 06-06-2023, 05:35 PM   #11
Lt1
Grade 1

Hi Pat. Hope all is well with you. Thanks for the kind words. Like you Richie and I were close friends for over 30yrs.He was a very kind person always willing to help anyone who asked Like him I also believed that the Doc would want those of us who have achieved some success to share what knowledge we have gained just as he ,Jim Bradshaw and the other teacher did for us. By the way did you catch the Richie LSPS in R7 &10?. Feel free to contact me anytime.
Tim

Last edited by Lt1; 06-06-2023 at 05:40 PM.
Lt1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 05:57 PM   #12
darmar
Grade 1

Hi Pat
Thanks for the kind words and I'm gratified that Tim & I are helpful in small ways. I too have both Lt1 and RMath
to thank for taking the time to help me improve my capping proficiency. The Doc always told me that giving back to others is a wonderful thing and I always try to help as much as I can. Be sure to let us know when you get a nice play so we can celebrate along with you
Thanks again and God bless you always
Darryl
darmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 06:12 PM   #13
atlasaxis
Grade 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by darmar View Post
HEY ATLAS
Come on man, you have a lot of nerve or you're just crazy!!
Here we have Lt1 who spends a lot of time on his selections 3 & 4 times week in and week out.
Prints them out there on this board EVERY DAY FOR FREE.
Puts out a recap that shows a consistency of positive winning days over anybody else on this board. Puts up screenshots of almost all of his winning plays and who he did or didn't use and why on his tickets.
PUTS UP THE WINNING TICKETS ( No Redboarding Here ) to show all of us just how he got there!
And you have nerve to say he should post his plays before the race goes off!
Let's see you lead by example and put up just one days worth of selections and wagers so we can see
what a handicapping and wagering genius you are.
The balls in your court, Put up or Shut up
Darmar
Hi Darmar, I'm sorry that my simple, lightweight but yet very legitimate question unhinged you like that, that wasn't my intention. That seems to be the norm around here whenever an outsider asks a simple question like that. I get it that Tim spends a lot of time posting his list of contenders, but that's not what I was asking. Anybody can list a bunch of contenders (4,5 and sometimes 6!?) But where it matters is in the wagering strategy which is what I asked about. Tim complains about not seeing success reports from others. Yes, there is some value in showing your successful winning wagers, but there is also benefit, if not more so, in showing your losing wagers so you could figure out where you went wrong on certain situations. When you win, you learn absolutely nothing because you got paid for knowledge that you already have. So I disagree with his assessment that you don't help people by putting up your wagering strategies, which IS entirely possible, before the race. I get it that he puts up his winning tickets (and no that's not red boarding obviously), but it is something called back fitting when you don't show your other losing tickets for the day and only show the winners, to fulfill a list of criteria. A true teaching forum shows all wagers winning and losing, and learning as much as possible from both angles.

And as far as being a "handicapping and wagering genius", you're the one who put that label on me, I certainly did not and would never. Heck using my antiquated Ray Talbot software I only managed four winners on top at Philadelphia today including number five in the fourth race, the $42 winner. Anyone with the software can verify those results, using it on the default setting.

I'm not here to belittle anyone, or get into arguments with anyone. Most of the time I just click on the forum and silently peruse what's going on without any input.

I do wish you all enjoyment and success in your handicapping. I know you're a tight-knit group and are dedicated to the continuation of the Sartin Methodology and RDSS, and I wish you all well.

On a side note I have two general admission tickets worth $40 each for Belmont this Saturday. If anybody would like them they're yours at no charge.

Tim I see we're neighbors as I live in Franklin Square. Maybe one day we can do lunch and share notes.

Peace,
Tom
atlasaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 07:46 PM   #14
Lt1
Grade 1

Hi Tom. When you say putting up betting strategies before the race runs would be helpful I can see your point, however, it would be almost impossible for me to do. I'm watching what the various exotic combos are paying and whether they warrant a bet as long as I can before placing my bets. Even if I got back to the site before the race was run most people wouldn't see it in time anyway. In reality my betting approach is basically the same in in either case. If others feel like seeing losing bets will help them let them provide feedback. if I get that feedback I would do so. Yep we sure are neighbors. Maybe we can work something out.
Tim

Tim
Old 06-11-2023, 05:19 PM   #15
Mr.Pagine
Happy Punting

Queenston at Woodbine today

RMATH AGAIN!!
I need to now learn how to take the information, and make betting it; a top priority.

Do you key the top 2?
It looks like (so far anyway), the secondary contenders come 2nd.

This is fantastic.

6 $15.50 $7.80 $5.80
7 $9.60 $7.10
11 $7.40
$2 EXA $134.30
$0.20c TRI $96.08
$0.20c SUPER $337.13

Any ideas or books I can read on structures of my bets?

Jon
Attached Images

Mr.Pagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 05:42 PM   #16
Lt1
Grade 1

Jon congrats but the 7 was not a Richie LSP since it was a secondary contender[see above screen shots]. The lsp MUST be a non-contender to qualify.
Tim

Last edited by Lt1; 06-11-2023 at 05:44 PM.
Lt1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 06:17 PM   #17
Mr.Pagine
Happy Punting

Lt1 - Thank you

Thank you
Non Contender

Jon
Mr.Pagine is offline   Reply With Quote