Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2022, 08:58 AM   #7
mick
Abiding Student
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Nashville/Whitefish
Posts: 714
After Dr. Z invited me and Lt. Tim to Thomas Morley's barn that evening in Saratoga to see his new filly, Bill and I began to correspond on a regular basis. He invited me to his horse farm in Lexington several times where we played the races from his living room. I also helped with several of his articles. He was always writing something. He had invited me to stay with him at his place in Saratoga next month. Unfortunately, that won't happen now.

One of the many things I admired about him was that he put his money where his mouth was, so to speak. There are some so-called "experts" who write a book and you later find out they're $20 bettors, which Mitch and I have talked about. I can assure you that Dr. Z was no $20 bettor. This table is from an article he was writing about the Triple Crown races. He would bet more on a race than I usually bet in a week. He was the real deal.
Attached Images
 
__________________
mick

Illustrated Glossary
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Appreciation for Bill Varone Ted Craven General Discussion 84 11-08-2021 03:16 PM
2020 NFL Contest "In Honor of Bill V" CheckMark Sports 11 09-15-2020 09:53 AM
Bill V's Health Ted Craven General Discussion 36 11-28-2018 05:25 PM
Bill V goes the Extra Mile For The Lead Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) 4 01-19-2013 06:19 PM
"The Joe and Bill Varone P&C Survivor contest" RichieP Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 1 09-15-2008 07:02 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:06 PM.