Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2020, 11:24 AM   #13
mnl97
Broke Down
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Northeast Texas
Posts: 38
One thing I didn't like about the original excel spreadsheet was the the count and %rank figures did not change when using a filter. If I filtered by 6 furlong races only, the count and and rank % still showed all races. I changed the formulas to where they only represented the filtered data. In other words what you see after filtering is what is reflected in the formula's. It was easy to modify the count formula using the subtotal function. The rank % formula is much more complicated. I'm attaching my current spreadsheet for Saratoga. Its been a work in progress. The advantage of using the new formulas is that you can put all race data on one spreadsheet and then use the filter function to separate out distance, surface, etc.

I've also added sort of a front end table that only shows data of which I'm interested. Plus I have a place to document the stats of the winning horse as well as a place to record wagers. I enter the export data for the winning horse only and the use a copy formula in the front table.

This is a work in progress. I've BEEN changing the spreadsheet as I learn more about RDSS.

I'm looking forward to this thread. I'm sure I can learn alot from you guys in using excel but also in handicapping / wagercapping.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx SAR MODEL.xlsx (488.0 KB, 539 views)
mnl97 is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:19 AM.