Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion Phase III/MPH, Synergism, Energy, Kgen, Entropy, Thoromation, Phase I, Quad-Rater, PaceLauncher, Synthesis, Validator, Val4, Speculator, etc ...

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2008, 06:34 PM   #6
tfm
Former member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post

If I told you how many times in the last 3 days I ran 2nd big bro you nor anyone else would believe me.
I initially wanted to discuss this with you when reading your thread about The Hat's suggested method of play: spot bets at > 2:1.

I would believe you, as I typically go through the same thing. For example, out of my last 17 plays, I've had 4 winners and 6 seconds ---3 of them by photos. (In fact, I'm on a streak where I've lost > 10 photos in a row.)
All of the place prices were greater than $4, with more than half being over $6.

The problem here is that you're making good picks, your horses are running but you're not getting rewarded (assuming you're not playing exotics or to place)

This phenomenon was correlated nicely, by someone on another forum, to the about average hitter running into poor luck when his line drives are hit directly at someone. The argument being that once you reach a certain level of skill, the only luck you typically have is of the bad sort. Makes sense, too.

Two possible options, it seems to me.

1) just keep plugging away and make your selections even more airtight

2) play more exotics (like the masses); alot easier using 4 horses in an 8 horse field and hitting something, rather than banking on a single horse and getting skunked by bad luck.
tfm is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tampa Race 5 / Spec 150 RichieP Speculator 22 04-17-2006 03:21 PM
Tampa Sunday Chip Napolitano Selections 2 01-22-2006 11:52 AM
Tampa Bay Dec 11 Race 1 cprescigno Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 1 12-11-2005 01:12 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:10 PM.