Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2009, 10:13 AM   #1
mikesal57
Grade 1
 
mikesal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 3,952
Penn Natl Race 5 12/18

Post Time @ 8:23

Heres another ...

If anybody is wondering how and why I choose a race....

I look for a non-maiden sprint with a nice size field and hopefully a fast track
also a late race so that enough people have time to look at it
I know some people like Penn...so maybe they'll chime in too..

good luck

mike
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Penn Natl Race 5.pdf (135.3 KB, 1589 views)
__________________
Never bet a favorite doing something for the first time-Harvey Pack
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:50 AM   #2
barb craven
Grade 1
 
barb craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bobcaygeon,On,Canada
Posts: 1,316
Morning Mike.

I've picked up Penn now that Woodbine is closed and have been having some luck there.

Unfortunately, I can't play and post at the same time, I find it's disastrous for me, but I'll be thinking of you and will look at your posts when I have a chance.

Have you noticed that Parker, the jockey, has moved from Mountaineer to Penn. I find that whatever horse he is on gets bet down to nothing.

I have found that the later races are better too.

Havae a good day.

Barb
__________________
Listen...Learn...Stay Safe.
barb craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:57 AM   #3
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
I

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb craven View Post
Morning Mike.

I've picked up Penn now that Woodbine is closed and have been having some luck there.

Unfortunately, I can't play and post at the same time, I find it's disastrous for me, but I'll be thinking of you and will look at your posts when I have a chance.

Have you noticed that Parker, the jockey, has moved from Mountaineer to Penn. I find that whatever horse he is on gets bet down to nothing.

I have found that the later races are better too.

Havae a good day.

Barb
Hello Barb

Yes I too find Penn a lot better although turf and poly lines
do get to be troublesome

D Parker I think is headed to AQU, maybe just stopping over at Penn

Good Skill
and I hear you about posting and working races at the same time
its tough for me too
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 11:23 AM   #4
justin13892002
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 154
Mike,

Thanks for putting another one up. I will do my best.


Line chosen for each horse

1---2 Back
1A---2 Back
2---Last race
3---Last Race
4---Last Race
5---Last Race
6---Last Race
7---Last Out
8---4 Back
9---Last Out
10---2 Back



Gained and lost lengths at pace

1---45.1---111.4----Gained 1
1A--45----110------Lost 1
2---45.1---110----Lost 7
3---46.4---111.3----Lost 1
4---45.4---111.1---Lost 7
5---45----110.3----Lost 6
6---44.4----111.3---Gained 1/2

7---45.4---111.1----Gained 3
8---45.2---110.2---Even
9---45.2---109.2---Lost 2
10--44.2---109.2---Even


The eliminations should be 1-3-4-5-6. The 1,3,4,6 were gaining little or lost lengths against slower pace. The 5 is eliminated due to Losing 6 lengths against mediocre pace. Keeping the 7 as the Biggest gain, even though pace was just mediocre.

The 2 should probably be eliminated next, as lost many lengths against 110 pace, which others have done okay against.

The 1A should be eliminated next, losing Tandem to #10, where the 1A was no better than 6th at any point in that race.


Top 4 horses are 7-8-9-10.

Again, you can stop and put thses 4 horses into your software and let it do the crunching, but again I don't use software.


I will continue for those who dont use software.

The 8 should be the next eminated, as again, lost the tandem with #10 in last, and was no better than 5th, which was at the first call.


Contenders 7-9-10.

7---45.4---111.1----Gained 3
9---45.2---109.2---Lost 2
10--44.2---109.2---Even


I would then probably eliminate the 7, as the 7 although gaining, raced against a SLOWER pace than he will face today.

The 10 seems to be the all around fastest finishing 2nd at the 109.2 pace.


The selection is 10.


Good Luck
justin13892002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 11:40 AM   #5
raceman5
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Largo Fl.
Posts: 2,363
Thanks

Justin for another lesson. So if i am understanding this rt todays race is 6f so we pick a line at 6f. so if the last race is 6f thats the line we use? even if his 3 races below that had faster half mile times. Example, horse last race at 6f was run in 46, race below that was run in 45, we use the 46 line being that was his last race at 6fur? Now what if the last race the horse had at 6f was a troubled line, would u still use that?

Bob
raceman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:01 PM   #6
mikesal57
Grade 1
 
mikesal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 3,952
good questions Bob..

Justin to save time...can u give us some "what ifs" that you think we might ask or that you have ran into

mike
__________________
Never bet a favorite doing something for the first time-Harvey Pack
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:56 AM   #7
gl45
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 878
there is only one MU, "The HAT" MU.
All the others references not using 100% "The HAT" guidelines are not MU, just proficient methods which might incorporate some of The HAT ideas, that's all.
gl45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:03 AM   #8
mikesal57
Grade 1
 
mikesal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 3,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by gl45 View Post
there is only one MU, "The HAT" MU.
All the others references not using 100% "The HAT" guidelines are not MU, just proficient methods which might incorporate some of The HAT ideas, that's all.
Pino..true..but the bottom line is....PROFIT!!

like u said
__________________
Never bet a favorite doing something for the first time-Harvey Pack
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:05 AM   #9
mikesal57
Grade 1
 
mikesal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 3,952
and my opinion from what I've seen and read and tried...no one can do what that man has done..so 100 % ...forget about it
__________________
Never bet a favorite doing something for the first time-Harvey Pack
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:07 AM   #10
justin13892002
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by gl45 View Post
there is only one MU, "The HAT" MU.
All the others references not using 100% "The HAT" guidelines are not MU, just proficient methods which might incorporate some of The HAT ideas, that's all.
I would have to agree gl, that there is only 1 Jim Bradshaw. But that said, NOBODY can do what he did. NOBODY. He has vision like nobody else, and everybody on here will agree, nobody can pick winners like Jim.

With that said, I derived off his ideas, instead of matching up how the horses will setup the race, my idea makes it so that you can see IF the pace is SO and SO fast, only these horse can be close...

I am in no way saying it is the "matchup". Everybody on here has tried "the matchup" with moderate success, mostly due to the fact Jim was an expert at what he did, and I really dont think many can re-create his actions. Its the same idea, just different approach.

Mike, and the rest that are following along, I will be posing selections today from time to time, using my version. Feel free to stop by and chime in. Wish you all luck today.
justin13892002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Race Analysis Confirmation using the VELOCITY SCREEN Bill Lyster RDSS 2 12-08-2011 01:19 AM
Daily Racing Form Abbreviated Race Conditions For The Lead Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 1 11-12-2009 03:15 AM
Score Board Bill V. Golf Shirt Contest 6 10-10-2009 03:19 PM
Jim Bradshaw's 5 Step Approach to learning the Matchup RichieP Hat Check - How Can We Help You? 1 05-25-2009 09:52 AM
Bread and Butter Race... lueylump RDSS 2 05-11-2009 05:05 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:23 PM.