Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2008, 06:43 PM   #1
froggy
Grade 1
 
froggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bullhead City Az
Posts: 921
Class ratings

Ted,

Is there some way to be able to know the APV and CLASS ratings from the BL/BL screen?

For me that is where I make my final selections.

I was thinking maybe little numbers up on top in the buttons for each horse or down below in the open acreage.

Thanks for everything,

Froggy
froggy is offline  
Old 03-12-2008, 08:46 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
Froggy,

As it stands, the colours shown represent the top 3 Class Ratings (CR). #1 was CR rank 1 (red), #3 was CR rank 2 (green), #4 was CR rank 3 (yellow).

Name:  cr.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  69.4 KB

As you know, half the content of CR is APV. Are you looking for a way to have ALL the CR and the APV values and rankings visible somehow while you're looking at the remaining contenders on the BL/BL screen? Or is the Top 3 CR as shown acceptible? I'm always wary of having too many numbers jammed into a small space. That's why I try to use other markups to convey info, like colour, bold, underlines, etc.

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline  
Old 03-12-2008, 11:11 PM   #3
froggy
Grade 1
 
froggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bullhead City Az
Posts: 921
Ted,

I don't have much time between receiving the scratches, finalizing the races and departure for the book.
I go through the entire card either the night before or early in the morning.
I get the scratches, usually about 1hr before first post.
I then go through each race and eliminate down to five and ties using energy or BL/BL.
Then I have to print before I go.
There is just not much time.

This morning was a good example, and it has happened before and cost money.
Had I not looked for the class rating of the sprinter to see if he really belonged in the race I would not have seen the class rating of the 7.
I was considering making the 5 and 7 my selections.
When I saw the rating of the 7 I backed off.
Had I not done something that I ordinarily don't do, I would have lost this race.
I assume that most people don't make their eliminations from the list of entries, but that too is valuable information.
I know that you can't have everything on the BL/BL page, but I was hoping that you would give this idea some consideration before it gets placed up on the shelf.

Thanks,

Froggy
Attached Images
   

Last edited by froggy; 03-12-2008 at 11:14 PM.
froggy is offline  
Old 03-13-2008, 07:23 AM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
OK Froggy, I will study it.

By the way, I strongly suggest you try that race again in Spec mode and see what happens to that sprinter. Further to to our other discussion about sprinters entered in a route, if you otherwise prefer Val4 mode, at least you could seek confirmation from Spec mode about the validity of projected sprinters (since IMO the projection formula in Spec mode is superior). But of course you should not adopt someone else's opinion outright without proving it for youself first.

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline  
Old 03-13-2008, 08:14 AM   #5
froggy
Grade 1
 
froggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bullhead City Az
Posts: 921
Ted,

I did go to Spec and look at it and of course forgot to switch back and printed out all the races in Spec. (Oh well, nobodys perfect.)
The sprinter came up third and the 7 was gloriously on top with a primary line score of 8.
Ended up betting the sprinter and the 8 to catch the win.

Thanks,

Froggy

Last edited by froggy; 03-13-2008 at 08:20 AM.
froggy is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tpr ratings analysis shoeless Pace Makes the Race / TPR Total Pace Ratings 8 12-27-2015 11:59 AM
JCapper Pace Ratings socantra Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 13 12-01-2007 02:06 PM
Speed Ratings displayed in RDSS socantra RDSS 2 11-27-2007 02:12 PM
Trackmaster Class Ratings socantra RDSS 1 06-24-2007 06:44 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:52 PM.