Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Selections
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Selections Post Your Picks - 1 race or a card

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2008, 12:12 PM   #1
clore1030
Grade 1
 
clore1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,678
AQU December 12

Here's the kind of race I don't like, it is a 10K claimer. That's bottom of the barrel in NYC and here we have a favorite that the barn has obviously given up on, but the public is giving one more chance. But at 5/2 presently, that support seems half-hearted.

If I toss out the 9, I get nice figs on the 4, who does have good mud form but also is a suspicious drop. The 7 looks viable, but this one too is scraping the bottom.

I'll just make a token wager on the 4, this isn't a heat that inspires any more than an action bet, and frankly, after doing the first seven races, the whole card looks dismal.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:18 PM   #2
Tim Y
turf historian
 
Tim Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,455
AQU 1st
__________________
Albert Einstein:"The monotony and solitude of a quiet life stimulates the creative mind."
Tim Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:34 PM   #3
Tim Y
turf historian
 
Tim Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,455
Way to go: BETWEEN US we had the super
__________________
Albert Einstein:"The monotony and solitude of a quiet life stimulates the creative mind."
Tim Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:40 PM   #4
Tim Y
turf historian
 
Tim Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,455
2nd second call maidens, , or a firster but no odds on the FOUR but this one with the rest of the field's odds is perfect for an exotic "riding the coat tails" bet. If this one should trip and come in THIRD or meet a monster...the TRI would be huge even with the big public choice anchoring the wager to logic.
__________________
Albert Einstein:"The monotony and solitude of a quiet life stimulates the creative mind."

Last edited by Tim Y; 12-12-2008 at 12:45 PM.
Tim Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:46 PM   #5
clore1030
Grade 1
 
clore1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Y View Post
Way to go: BETWEEN US we had the super
I had the 4 and 7 in my top two EP ratings, I just picked the wrong one. I did have the 6 on top in BL/BL, only narrowly over the 7.

For the 7 though, I went back six races to get a pace line, and second guessed myself by preferring the recent activity of the 4.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:52 PM   #6
clore1030
Grade 1
 
clore1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Y View Post
2nd second call maidens, , or a firster but no odds on the FOUR but this one with the rest of the field's odds is perfect for an exotic "riding the coat tails" bet. If this one should trip and come in THIRD or meet a monster...the TRI would be huge even with the big public choice anchoring the wager to logic.
I'm just watching this one. The maiden races today are chock full of firsters, so I'll probably pass all of them.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 01:00 PM   #7
Tim Y
turf historian
 
Tim Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,455
SECOND CALL MAIDEN

At least the win bet worked!!!
Attached Images
 
__________________
Albert Einstein:"The monotony and solitude of a quiet life stimulates the creative mind."
Tim Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 01:07 PM   #8
clore1030
Grade 1
 
clore1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Y View Post
SECOND CALL MAIDEN

At least the win bet worked!!!
Just playing my top two EP horses in each of the first two could have netted an easy $140 double.

I almost did play the second, but a call from the ex caused me to lose track of time.

I've got the 6 and the 1A looking to be up front in the third and they're 7 and 8/1 right now. This looks like a good race to split my wager.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 01:10 PM   #9
Tim Y
turf historian
 
Tim Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,455
Do me a favor as I need substantiation of a fact that I have long held but have not proved. PHILLY Lines come into New York looking unbeatable all the time and they crash and burn. See if you can find that same thing please?
Attached Images
 
__________________
Albert Einstein:"The monotony and solitude of a quiet life stimulates the creative mind."
Tim Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 01:15 PM   #10
clore1030
Grade 1
 
clore1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Y View Post
Do me a favor as I need substantiation of a fact that I have long held but have not proved. PHILLY Lines come into New York looking unbeatable all the time and they crash and burn. See if you can find that same thing please?
Oh, i agree without even looking up any notes. A couple of weeks ago I made that comment when I had a horse in the feature that day that I could not accept because of his originating track. I was wrong on that occasion, but in the long run, such hesitance is rewarded.

I have similar problems with Monmouth, where even cheap horses cut 44 and change half-miles that are never equaled here on the NYC circuit.

In the case of today's third though, I will take a chance on the shipper.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AQU December 10 clore1030 Selections 75 12-10-2008 05:05 PM
AQU December 7 clore1030 Selections 10 12-07-2008 03:41 PM
AQU December 6 clore1030 Selections 13 12-06-2008 10:12 PM
AQU December 4 clore1030 Selections 24 12-04-2008 04:58 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:45 PM.