Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Is Thoromation this good? (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3501)

froggy 02-23-2008 09:02 PM

Is Thoromation this good?
 
In going over the seven races that I figured today at Aqueduct and looking at it with Thoromation I noticed something that I couldn't get with Energy.
I exported the same races and pace lines that I used in Energy from the original RDSS screen.
I threw out some obvious poor horses using total energy that I shouldn't have had in to begin with.
Using the 2 adjustment on every race.
Looking at the 8) Thoromation screen and selecting the top two for win bets and top three for exacta boxes.
The program hit seven out of seven races for the win bets and six out of seven exactas.
Race #8 didn't call for the 2 adjustment and didn't get the winner that way, but with the 2 adjustment it did.

Is this program that good or am I looking at it from hindsight?

In going back over the same races with energy.
I threw out the same poor horses that should never have been included in the first place and then all I could get is the four winners that I already had.

Froggy

shoeless 02-23-2008 11:33 PM

You already answered your own question

simon 02-24-2008 07:30 AM

Excellent
 
Excellent report Froggy

I would say Yes !!!
Keep it going

GS
RK

Condor 02-25-2008 08:17 PM

thoromation
 
Are there any copies of thoromation that can be purchased any more?

Houndog 02-26-2008 02:29 PM

Energy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by froggy (Post 29433)
In going over the seven races that I figured today at Aqueduct and looking at it with Thoromation I noticed something that I couldn't get with Energy.
I exported the same races and pace lines that I used in Energy from the original RDSS screen.
I threw out some obvious poor horses using total energy that I shouldn't have had in to begin with.
Using the 2 adjustment on every race.
Looking at the 8) Thoromation screen and selecting the top two for win bets and top three for exacta boxes.
The program hit seven out of seven races for the win bets and six out of seven exactas.
Race #8 didn't call for the 2 adjustment and didn't get the winner that way, but with the 2 adjustment it did.

Is this program that good or am I looking at it from hindsight?

In going back over the same races with energy.
I threw out the same poor horses that should never have been included in the first place and then all I could get is the four winners that I already had.

Froggy

Froggy, did you also you also use the number 2 adjustment in Energy which is called the Alternate (E) adjust when it was called for? That may make a difference also.

With the earlier versions of Energy it is more of a manual input process. Also you do not get the warning as you do in THOROMATION that a horse may need an alternate adjustment.

lsosa54 02-26-2008 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Condor (Post 29475)
Are there any copies of thoromation that can be purchased any more?


The company that produced it is out of business now. RDSS is now the way to go and I believe Ted has incorporated the "animation" part, but I could be wrong.

froggy 02-26-2008 07:13 PM

Houndog,

The #2) Alternate Adjust doesn't work unless you use the Energy Generator at the start of your download and then if you go thru the routine a second time you only have Automatic Adjust and # 3) Manual Adjust.

I try not to make adjustments.
I might be losing some races, but I feel more comfortable doing the same procedure for every race.

Froggy

froggy 02-26-2008 07:17 PM

Condor,

Send me an email.
Lets talk.

Froggy

Tim Y 02-26-2008 09:20 PM

Thoromation stands the test of time once you understand it. It is harder work than the later models but the basic information is still there.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.