Pace and Cap  - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up

Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up (http://paceandcap.com/forums/index.php)
-   Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum (http://paceandcap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Closing Day Santa Anita (http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1030)

Dap Daddi 04-23-2006 12:43 PM

Closing Day Santa Anita
 
1 Attachment(s)
I thought I would post a copy of my internal fractions pace lines of which ido by hand of the contenders as I see them during my review of each horse. The information is based on who I think are the contenders of the race and their actual fractions in the first row. The second row is the actual interneal fraction subtracted from the first fraction. The + - red number represents lhorse lengths in relation to the lowest best number to the relative horse in the race. This is my first step prior to running the contenders into any handicapping software program. I am not saying it is perfect or correst but it works for me and as I am posting these to sheets please note it is four hours prior to post at Santa Anita. The lowest number in red next to the horses name on the ones I cmpleted are the preliminary selections of the contenders I consider for each race.

Dap Daddi 04-23-2006 12:45 PM

Santa Anita Closing Day
 
1 Attachment(s)
Here is the second sheet:

Dap Daddi 04-23-2006 12:52 PM

Santa Anita Closing Day
 
I hope that any of you viewing my numbers can read my handwriting. It takes me about 4 hours to complete this part of my handicapping process before moving on to the next step. It is probalby why I only play one track as I only have time to handicap one track.

Please note when are are instances where a race is for 6.0 furlongs and a contender I am considering has a 6.0 furlong race I do calculate the additional 1/2 furlong by taking the horses 6.0 furlong call and subtractiing his 5 furlong call and dividing the number by 2 and takingthe number and adding it on to the 6 furlong time. (i.e. 1:09.2 - 57.2 = 12 / 2 = 6 + 1:09.2 = 1:15.2)

Dap!

RichieP 04-23-2006 01:31 PM

Spec 150 - Summary Screens - Race 1-2-3-4
 
1 Attachment(s)
I'll take a whack at the card. I have reduced fields to 3 contenders each race. Will show the Summary Screen which kinda gets u all the looks of the software beside the morning line.



here is first half of card. Finishing the rest up

Hey where is "Kiltman" ?? Russ is "En Fuego" :)

Dap if u are wagering good luck.

Richie

RichieP 04-23-2006 01:59 PM

Races 5-6-7-8-10
 
1 Attachment(s)
back half of card

RichieP 04-24-2006 08:37 AM

Results
 
just looked at the results using Spec. Not too bad considering I tried to reducing each field to 3 after reading another post here. wanted to try it and see.

9 Races: passed the 14f race man -what is that:rolleyes:


5 wins
5 Exactas
4 Trifectas

Win bets definitely losing proposition yesterday for MY readouts as chalk dominated.

Taking a $ 2 exacta and trifecta box of the top 3 each race wouldnt have been so bad however. adds up to $108.00 for the card for EACH bet.

Exacta boxes - Bet $ 108.00 - Ret $ 122.00
Trifecta box - Bet $ 108.00 - Ret $ 224.80

I didnt bet any race as I do NOT mess with So Cal.

Fun Fun

Richie

Dap Daddi 04-24-2006 09:30 AM

Bets
 
Richie:

You have the knowledge and the ability to play any track. As your friend it hurts me to hear you say that you would not bet Southenr California tracks when in fact all it takes is a ability to handicap and select the right contenders.

Dap

RichieP 04-24-2006 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dap Daddi
Richie:

You have the knowledge and the ability to play any track. As your friend it hurts me to hear you say that you would not bet Southenr California tracks when in fact all it takes is a ability to handicap and select the right contenders.

Dap

My "block" as far as So Cal goes back years. For ME any track where I see times

21-43-108 or route - 45-110-134 is NOT a real track - it's pasteboard

Tracks like this include:
SA
Hol
Dmr
Gp
Tup
Emd

So I simply will not work em on any kind of consistent basis.

I am probably one of the few welcoming the Polytrack surface at both Kee and Dmr later this year. Did u see Keeneland's meet? what a ****ing joke. Thats not racing man. Thats ****ing bull****. At least for me.

HOWEVER to each his own and nothin but the best to all

Rich

Dap Daddi 04-24-2006 10:50 PM

Speed
 
Richie:

Monmouth, Belmont, Saratoga, Meadowlands, have similar speed races. It is all what one makes of it. When I personally see a 6 furlong race where the running lines reads: 23.1, 47.2, 1:14.1 my personal opinion is that these are not horses but imitations (mules) deguised as horses!

Now if you were to say Turf Paradise where $3,200 claimers are clocked going 6 furlongs in 1:08.1 thats what I call asphalt!

I respect your opinion and I value your friendship. I will say the both Val and Spec don't care where one chooses to play and wager both will work the mule time races as well the real horse times races.

PS: So what are your impressions of handicapping tracks like Finger Lakes, Fonner Park, and good old Penn National?

Dap


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.