Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion Phase III/MPH, Synergism, Energy, Kgen, Entropy, Thoromation, Quad-Rater, PaceLauncher, Synthesis, Validator, Val4, Speculator, etc ...

Old 11-02-2011, 07:38 AM   #1
partsnut
BetMix User

Woodbine 11-02-11 R(1) Using Synergism4

Woodbine 11-02-11 R(1) Using Synergism4

Synergism4 in my opinion is an excellent program when used with the
Brohamer pace concepts. The book "Modern Pace Handicapping" is what I consider to be the Brohamer bible. Here's where you can get a full understanding of the Brohamer pace concepts. Bob Purdy did a great job with Synergism.
As an example, I used todays first race at Woodbine.
The race sets up for a sustained type horse.
Speed Points = (24X1)
This does not exclude any early type horses that has "hidden energy" and/or Late Pace. Early horses can also be sustained.

Here are the Synergism4 read outs,
The 6 and 2 would be my choices.
I would favor the (6)
Attached Images

partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:08 AM   #2
alydar_ David
Grade 1

Nice presentation, Bill.

Personally, I don't like to use software for 2YO races. Whoever wins is going to run something they've never run before. So, using pace anlaysis for what's already happened, but won't happen today is misleading, at least that's been my experience.

Quinn said to bet the horse that's run the fastest in 2YO races. That would be #5 Tip Your Hat. He's 10-1. What I don't like is the fact that she won her MCL32K convincingly by 10 3/4 lengths, but then they got over ambitious and entered her in a stakes race where she got trounced. It takes a long time to get over a broken spirit; sometimes they never do. You can ruin a horse doing that. They gave her three months off after that and she ran well on her return. That might be enough time. But will she ever get back to what she ran breaking her maiden? I don't know, but at 10-1 I tend to be forgiving.

The probable favorite is #1 Belle of the Nile. She's done nothing wrong and has only gone forward. You're supposed to keep betting them to go forward until they show you they can't anymore. She's tough, but 2-1 isn't very tasty. A legitimate favorite.

#2 Lil' Sasha has an 0-2 pattern which is usually followed by an X. No thanks, especially at 9/2. I'd need at least 10-1 to consider her.

#3 Muttak Bay made a big jump from her initial outing to her second race. Then she ran the same in her third out. Nothing wrong with her, but she's not terribly fast and would need to improve quite a bit to win today. 8-1 isn't enough for me.

#4 The Queen's Reign broke her maiden first out. That's it, her only race. Who knows what she'll do? She didn't run fast enough to win today, but she's certainly eligible to improve. Fairlie is adding bandages and he's 24% with that angle, 57% in the money. At 15-1 she's a must use in exotics.

#6 Don'tgetmadalexis looks ready to explode. She could easily win today. She's legitimate, but 5/2. So, in this race we've already got two legitimate favorites. *gulp*

#7 Theatre Queen is another gal that's never done anything wrong, going forward every race. Trainer deGaines is 20% moving up in class and 20% with Jesse Cambell . She's a live horse at 12-1.

#8 Sapphire Star ran very well first out winning by five lengths. She hasn't repeated that, but is rounding to form. 6-1 might be a tad' on the short side for her.

In summary this isn't a great betting race. You've got two short priced horses that have every reason to win. On the other hand they are 2YOs and anything can happen, plus there are a couple of price horses that could score.

I might bet small on a couple of long ones, but definitely won't be "sending it in" here.
alydar_ David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:46 AM   #3
partsnut
BetMix User

Thumbs up Great Post

David, that's an excellent and knowledgeable dissertation of a very tough race.
You really put a lot of time and effort into what you do. I'm really impressed.
I wish I had your patience and discipline.

For those that want to learn and know what to look for, I would suggest
that a lot can be learned from David's thorough analysis.
David is a successful seasoned, long time player and friend that knows what to look for.

Win or lose, Dave did a great job and his model post should be followed.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:56 PM   #4
partsnut
BetMix User

partsnut:

Quote:
Here are the Synergism4 read outs,
The 6 and 2 would be my choices.
I would favor the (6)
Attached Images

Old 11-02-2011, 11:16 PM   #5
alydar_ David
Grade 1

Way to go, Bill! And thanks for the kind words. :>)
alydar_ David is offline   Reply With Quote