Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > 2nd Annual Howard Sartin & Jim Bradshaw Memorial Triple Crown 2010 Contest
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-06-2010, 09:25 AM   #11
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Choose Your Prize!

I echo all the sentiments expressed above and add a particular extra thank you and job well done to Jim G for such a smooth job managing this 2nd edition of our annual contest honouring Doc and Jim 'The Hat'.

Congratulations to Tom for a job well done and some great picks, especially in the Derby and Preakness. And Mikesal, it felt like a round of Final Jeopardy with a rousing rush to catch the leader. Also congratulations to those who missed a race for one reason or another and were still playing for bragging rights (and who were not named Ted), especially chardale who nearly doubled his bankroll.

Now - on to the prizes! First of all, a tip of the hat and big thank you to those who contributed to the prize fund: Mr X and Mr Y for $150 between them, Justin for the 3 book set, JimG for the Handicapping Magic CD-ROM, and TrackMaster for letting me offer the RDSS data prizes. There were 9 prizes in all, which looks like it covers everyone who finished with over $1.00 in their bank (sorry MIKE with $0.80 ). Here again is a list of the available prizes:

Prizes:

1. Five $50 cash prizes (total $250)

2. Two RDSS 1 month Unlimited data prizes (Charts + Past Performances $165 value), including a 1 month software subscription if you don't already use RDSS.

3. Book Prize: the following set of books (generously donated by justin13892002):
Bet With the Best - Andy Beyer

Bet With the Best 2 - Andy Beyer et al

Expert Handicapping - Dave Litfin
4. Michael Pizzolla's Handicapping Magic 3rd Edition CD-ROM. (original value $97).

As in the past, please select your preferred prize in order of your final rank in the contest, i.e. first Tom, then Mikesal, then whitejc, etc, etc. Please post your choice here so the others will know what's left to choose from. If you choose one of the 5 $50 cash prizes or a book/CD prize, please send me a Private Message with your mailing address. If you choose a RDSS prize, I'll contact you with setup info.

Once again, congratulations to all! I'll check in on prize selections from time to time today. Any questions, just post or send me a PM.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 06-06-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:30 AM   #12
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Just to speed things along - any one of the top 5 finishers could technically choose a $50 cash prize if that's what they wanted, without waiting for those ahead of them in line to choose first, and without risking that someone didn't get exactly the prize they wanted.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 06-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #13
JimG
Grade 1

Thank you to everyone for the kind words. RichieP sets a high standard for running contests. Glad I could help this time.

BillV, we should all be thanking you for starting this tremendous site. Hope things are going great for you in California.

Thank you to Ted for continuing to do a great job with Pace/Cap. You were a pleasure to work with during this contest.

Finally, thanks again to all that played in the contest. While there may not be enough prizes for all, you are all winners.

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:56 PM   #14
tom
Grade 1

Thanks for very nice contest - it was fun to play.
I must give some credit to my partner in this - Lady Luck!

Ted, I have to go for one of the RDSS prizes...been looking at it long enough, time to take it out for a test drive.

Tom
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:02 PM   #15
kiltman
Grade 1

Prizes

To Jim for running a great contest. To all who keep the wheels turning
A big heartfelt thankyou. I almost forgot to bet the Belmont had so many other things going on including a new granddaughter born in Canada....
Anyway will put in for the 50 dollar prize if possible.. Thankyou
kiltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:30 PM   #16
trotman
Grade 1

Congrats Jim for a great contest. Nice job Tom congrats to you nice ROI
Old 06-07-2010, 08:56 AM   #17
whitejc1
AlwNW3X

Jim,
Thanks for a great contest. I'm amazed at the luck I've had in the last two contests. If Mike doesn't want it, I'll take the other RDSS package. If he does, I'll take $50.
Again thanks everyone for your participation. I'm already looking forward the the next contest.
Joe
whitejc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:21 AM   #18
cdax
Grade 1

6th place prize

I see Tom is choosing the RDSS package which, I believe, gets me $50.

If I'm mistaken, I'll go with "Handicapping Magic". In any case I will inform Ted of my address.

Thanks to a great bunch of people who so generously donated the prizes.

Chris
cdax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:37 PM   #19
mikesal57
Grade 1

Hi...

sorry Joe...the RDSS prize looks too good to pass..

mike
Old 06-07-2010, 01:05 PM   #20
Ted Craven
Grade 1

OK, just summarizing what's taken and what prizes remain so far:

RDSS data prizes taken by Tom and Mikesal. Russ (kiltman), Chris (cdax), and Joe (whitejc) - you have each taken a $50 cash prize. Joe, please PM or email me with your mailing address. Russ, nice to talk with you on the phone this morning, and congratulations on your new (Canadian) grand-daughter!

Remaining prizes are: 2 $50 cash prizes, the book prize and the Handicapping Magic CD-ROM.

hansend then Tpace, please choose your prize from among these, then Barb and PassRace.

cheers,

Ted

R
DSS -