Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2021, 09:56 PM   #1
1retired
Grade 3

Average Winning Odds at Your TRace Track

I haven't seen anything in any body's posts about this subject so I am just going to start this thread and add to it as time goes by.

What started me on this subject is the many comments that people had about the low odds "chalk" of winning horses at PARX and some other tracks. I have also heard some general comments about the idea that turf races offer higher odds for winners than dirt races.

So, I have been trackoing several tracks whereby I record the odds of the winning horse at various distances as well as pace attributes etdc. I've been mainly working with Gulfstream Park and Tampa Bay Downs. Has anyone else been tracking the winning horse's odds at various distances and at various tracks???.

Ahead of time, my idea is that the odds of the winners at the marnor major tracks are going to be less than those at the lesser tracks and I want to see if it pays to work the lesser tracks in general and some distances and surfaces in particular.

For example, at Tampa Bay Downs, the average recent winning offdds for horses at 6F is 4.6-1 over 150 + races counting all types of races, maidens, claiming, allowance and stakes races.

For 7F the average win odds is , the average winning odds for over 100 recent races is 5.6-1.

And for 1Mile on the Turf, the average winning odss for over 150 recent racew is
6.1 - 1.

When you switch to Gulfstream Park, here are the results for the same distances

6F - 4,3-1 for a little over 150 races.
7F 4.2-1 for about 90 races
8F Turf - 5.5-1 for over 275 + raxces

To anticipate any comments, I add that there is no large amount of high odds winners among 2 year old or old\\\maiden races.

Based on this very limited survey, it shows that the win odds pon horses is significantly better at sev3n furlongs at Tampa Bay Downs and that the odds for 1 Mile Turf Races at both tracks is better than the more common 6 and 7 F dirt races.

So, this very limited survey shows that you get better win odds in general at TAmpa Bay Downs at 7F and and at 1Mile Turf RAces than at Gulfstream Park.

Does anyone have any supporting data for other tracks along these lines.? What I'm looking to do is to find the tracks where you get the best bang for your buck.

1 Retired

g
1retired is offline   Reply With Quote