Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Contests ** The Bill Varone Memorial Cup ** > 2016 Match4Cash Challenges
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

2016 Match4Cash Challenges Are You Up 4 It?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2016, 07:13 PM   #1
The Pook
Grade 1

M4$ CAP! Yes/No

Quote:
The person picking just one horse (like Capcondo's win yesterday)should be rewarded by a double payoff vs. the majority of the players who are betting 2 choices.

Is that how it is being scored??
I received the above question by PM today from a non-player. In case there are others wondering about scoring here was my response:

It is a moot point. This is the beauty of scoring by ROI.
Capcondo put up one unit. He gets 3 units returned for a profit of 2 units or an ROI of 200%. If he had put up 2 units to cover 2 choices and was returned 3 units for a profit of 1 unit that would be an ROI of 50%.

200% vs 50% pushes you up a lot a quicker when you hit. Capcondo and PeteC play mostly singles so they have much less drag. Personal choice really. There is no extra figuring for me. It is all built in. FYI I have a simple macro programmed into a spreadsheet which computes all this for me. Takes me 10 minutes a week to enter the data.

Pook

Last edited by The Pook; 04-03-2016 at 07:47 PM.