Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...)
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) Interactive Teaching & Learning - Race Conditions, Contenders, Pacelines, Advanced Concepts, Betting ...

Old 03-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #31
Bill V.
The egg man

Erased

Hi Ted I went into the Cache Mngt and erased SA from yesterday
then opened up RDSS again and re entered my lines

Name:  cache.PNG
Views: 470
Size:  41.9 KB
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #32
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Well, that looks better ...

If you find that these numbers change when you open the race a few more times in subsequent RDSS openings, or by adding and subtracting lines, please let me know. The fact that those odd numbers could even occur (and not only in this one race) is troubling.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:57 PM   #33
Ryan.p.coli
Grade 1

Thanks guys. I actually made the mistake of overvaluing a non-downhill line today.

The second race at SA tomorrow has the same issue. RDSS shows the top two BLBL as non downhill lines. I eliminated them on pace anyways, but was confused as to why they were shown as the winner. I will post the race when I get home tonight.
Ryan.p.coli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 04:57 PM   #34
Ryan.p.coli
Grade 1

SA 6.27.14 Race 2

Here is the race I was referring to.

Notice the horses where we are using a downhill line.

#6... was 5 lengths off a 1:09.7 last time out. Probably not close enough.
Name:  6 Analysis.PNG
Views: 478
Size:  159.1 KB

#2... notice no 1:09 or 1:10
Name:  2 analysis.PNG
Views: 448
Size:  136.1 KB

Here is what the analysis looks like without the #6 and the #2
Name:  analysis.PNG
Views: 445
Size:  111.2 KB

The race is in an hour and a half... so if non of yll get back, I understand.

I don't like the 2.5/1 that the #7 has. I think it will probably be close to 9/5 at post time. I will likely use the 7/3 and maybe the 6 as well in the exacta... as I like the odds on the 6 and I think it has a shot to finish underneath.
Ryan.p.coli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:08 PM   #35
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
First, I acknowledge that this post is made after the race was run, so my comments are meant to be taken in general and not this specific case.

Generally speaking you want horses that have run on this course before. Routers that ran fast as E or EP (or even Pressers that gained lengths from close up) also can be considered as long as their adjusted SRs equal or exceed that of the runners from previous 6.5 down the hill turf races at SA. by fast I mean 109 or 110 six furlong splits in mile races or longer.

Also, for some reason, the adjusted SRs (ASR) of horses who have run on the course are about 7 or 8 points LOWER than for horses that have run on flat 6 furlong tracks (like the old Hollywood races), so the today's race using dirt lines of horses with ASRs of 80 and 79 vs SA 6.5 turf lines of 80 and 79 is really like comparing horses with ASRs of 86 or 87 (in the case of an 80 6.5 turf SA line). Horses with dirt ASRs of 80 are seriously disadvantaged vs the runners with ASRs from SA's turf course. Just for reference, horses that get ASRs of 80 or higher from the SA down the hill sprint course are fairly rare.

Conversely, when the only turf lines are sprint lines from the downhill turf course you can consider as contenders in longer races those horses with relatively (to the field) exceptional late pace numbers (LP) on the early - late graph. The down the hill lines do not project well so this is the only clue that I have found that might point to a horse that can successfully stretch out.

Bill
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote