Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 02-12-2008, 12:13 PM   #1
jms62
Grade 1

Time to bend over boys....

Track Master is increasing our pay as you go rates by 50%.... I know some on this board have a friendly relationship with those folks so I WON"T say what I really feel but at 50 % increase ???? Even Oil companies do that over time...
jms62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:10 PM   #2
lsosa54
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Track Master is increasing our pay as you go rates by 50%.... I know some on this board have a friendly relationship with those folks so I WON"T say what I really feel but at 50 % increase ???? Even Oil companies do that over time...

Thanks for the heads up. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of their past performance product and only download to use with Val 4. I may need to reconsider at this point. I don't see what value their now $1.50 file adds over a $1 drf file, like the one from BRIS. If you don't need a variant and/or the prime power #, you can get equibase info from TSN for 50 cents.

EDIT: And BTW, TrackMaster never alerted me to the pricing change in any way. If I hadn't read this and then gone over to check pricing on their site, I would not have known until I checked the old bank statement. I know we're only talking 50 cents extra per file, but it's the point of not getting a head's up from them.

Last edited by lsosa54; 02-12-2008 at 01:16 PM.
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:31 PM   #3
RichieP
Grade 1

They haven't raised prices for like a decade. Maybe they needed to get it all in 1 shot?

I don't know.

Richie
Old 02-12-2008, 01:43 PM   #4
MIKE
Grade 1

---pretty f----g sneaky !!
MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:25 PM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I didn't know. I just had a conversation with Jim Vanderbosch at TrackMaster and forwarded him a link to this thread. He's a member here, so perhaps he will comment.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:52 PM   #6
Rverge
Grade 1

Tm

i just got a e-mail about the rate change. for .50$ more i can live with it. and i still like how the fractions are for the horse and not the leader. speaking of tm, has any one worked with their new plus pro? the cost is 3.75(i think). used to be 5 as "you go". it reminds me of the Formulator from the the DRF. but one can just use the horses fractions or the leaders. plus there are filters and was thinking how one can use these for "matchup".
Rverge
ps don't forget to poach the garlic, mellow it a bit
Old 02-12-2008, 04:56 PM   #7
Cellarfunk
Grade 3

Hmmmm...

and the price of their "platnium" pp goes down .50? Does this show where the bulk of the revenue is coming from? I would think so.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:19 PM   #8
Buzz
AlwNW3X

Track Master Price Increase

Hi,

When I first read this thread I immediately called TM for an info update regarding a price increase.

They told me that the increase affects only clients who are using the older programs. And that TM had sent out an email to all current users (with older programs) informing them of the price increase.

The TM rep added that the price increase does not apply to anyone who is signed up through the new RDSS program.

Buzz

Last edited by Buzz; 02-12-2008 at 06:20 PM. Reason: add on
Buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:04 PM   #9
shoeless
Grade 1

DRF went from 3.50 to 4.00 to download 3 tracks using formulator basic pp's.
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:24 PM   #10
Jonathan Steele
Grade 1

Whatcha gonna do? Oil companies raise the price of gas and we have to pay what they charge. Fifty cents is not a lot of money...though percentage-wise 50% increase is a large price hike.

Best bang for the buck are TSN data files (.50 each)...too bad they can not be used with Val4 or other Sartin programs. Or is there a way that they can? If not, can the program(s) be altered so that they can?

Regards,

Jon