Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) Interactive Teaching & Learning - Race Conditions, Contenders, Pacelines, Advanced Concepts, Betting ...

Old 08-28-2016, 06:38 PM   #1
lonestarracefan
Grade 1

Send a message via Yahoo to lonestarracefan
Track Profiles

From Sartin Meth material on the site, where the best info on a creating Track Profile?

Been away for awhile, both work related & being Texas Resident lost my ability to play on-line. Since, the last time played everyday I lost my Track Profile Spreadsheet and most of Handicapping stuff on dead hard-drive.
Starting from scratch
Old 08-29-2016, 03:04 PM   #2
DanBoals
Grade 1

Hey Joe,

I think Brohamer is the one that was really into track profiles, and his book is on amazon :
https://www.amazon.com/Modern-Pace-H...mer#nav-subnav

The theories he used to come up with that is on this site though at :

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6156

Personally, I have found track profiles only somewhat effective. I have tracked %Med, BL/BL, ML odds, the primary factors, E/L, and payouts. Of course this needs the track, date, race, surface, distance, class, etc. of the race to really be meaningful.

With my paceline selection, I routinely get winners in the 3rd and 4th BL/BL so I have to adjust my wagering accordingly and usually stick with exotics. The best indicator of longshots I have gotten from track profiling is definitely %Med and E/L. Hope this helps,

Dan
DanBoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 03:42 PM   #3
lonestarracefan
Grade 1

Dan,

My original track profiles were derived from Brohammer's Book. I had pretty solid ones for Lone Star, Hollywood Park, LA Downs, Santa Anita (Pre Syn), and was working on a few others before my injury and hiatus for everyday player.
I was/am good handicapper without Track Profiles but even better with and definitely a plus in contender selections when I was using the early versions of RDSS.
But my injury, job situation and losing ability to wager on-line, it limited me to being a part time player at best. I'm on a different shift now and have a more track friendly schedule now.
I'm re-reading Tom book and have his seminar downloaded from audio section here.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:11 PM   #4
CEW
Grade 1

LoneStar -

Tack Profile - see Follow Up #4 - page 21. That is one of the faster ways to get it rolling. Brohamer's material is King, but you can read this article in minutes and set up your profiles in a few minutes. Keep a separate one for every distance on every surface.

Let me know if you need further help.

Best,

Chuck
CEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:55 PM   #5
lonestarracefan
Grade 1

Thanks Chuck